50 Things You Should Stop Apologizing For

It's okay to not be sorry.

234

As humans, we are our biggest critics. It's a flaw that we all have, some just hide it better than others.

Am I pretty enough? Am I smart enough? Is what I am doing considered "normal" in society? Will people think I am weird? Why don't I look like them? Why can't I be better?

It takes time and effort to become someone who doesn't care what others think, to be confident in who we are.

Well, duh! We live in a society where self-worth is based on the likes we get and the number of followers we have on social media. Where everyone feels compelled to comment their opinions as if they are fact. Where unrealistic standards of beauty are shoved in our faces every way we turn.

In a perfect world, everyone would stop judging one another and focus on themselves. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world. In a world where standards are high, judgments are strong, and societal norms make people feel inadequate, we tend to apologize for things we should never have to apologize for.

Stop apologizing for...

1. Embracing your body.

2. Who you love.

3. Your race.

4. Being who you are.

5. Having fun.

6. Standing up for what you believe in.

7. Calling someone out.

8. Being educated.

9. Being selfish.

10. How you dress.

11. Your struggles.

12. Being confident.

13. Saying "no."

14. Being successful.

15. Following your heart.

16. Being blunt.

17. Being sensitive.

18. Being too loud.

19. Doing something spontaneous.

20. Taking risks.

21. Cutting out negativity.

22. What you eat.

23. What you post on social media.

24. Expressing yourself.

25. Taking a personal day.

26. Focusing on yourself.

27. Not fitting into a check box.

28. Being a reality TV show junky.

29. Your taste in music.

30. The things you are insecure about.

31. Other people.

32. Having big dreams.

33. Going out.

34. Being "different."

35. Standing up for yourself.

36. Being "basic."

37. Binge watching an entire season of a TV show in a day.

38. Ending a toxic relationship.

39. Living your life.

40. Cutting people off.

41. Splurging on nice things.

42. Making the best decisions for you.

43. Being picky.

44. Having goals.

45. Telling people how you feel.

46. Being a kid at heart.

47. Not agreeing with someone.

48. Advocating for a cause.

49. Changing.

50. Loving yourself.

We need to stop saying "I'm sorry" for doing these things. It is okay to be selfish, to be yourself, and grow as a person.

People will try to make you feel bad for it, some will make you feel guilty for it, some may even get mad at you for it.

Stop apologizing for being who you are, and love yourself.