5 Ways To Have A Basic Fall

5 Ways To Have A Basic Fall

Every white girl's favorite holiday (besides Christmas of course).

21
5 Ways To Have A Basic Fall

Fall has come and it has us white girls shaking in our tan Ugg boots. What is more perfect than cuddling up on the couch with a nice PSL watching "Hocus Pocus" by the fire? Abso-freaking-lutely nothing. Follow these tips and you’ll be conquering fall better than Caty Heron rocked those army pants and flip flops.

Here are five ways to have the perfect basic white girl fall:

1. Pumpkin Spice

Always make sure you have pumpkin-spiced something in hand. Personally, I am not a huge fan of the PSL (if you don’t know what a PSL is, stop reading) [Totally kidding. Please keep reading]. However, my go-to fall drink is an iced coffee with pumpkin spice SYRUP. All the benefits of a PSL, but cheaper, and a whole lot yummier. Shoutout to my girl Megan for this tip, which has saved my life this fall.

2. Flannels

Yup, you heard it. Wear that picnic blanket pattern as a jacket and you are all fall’d out. One flannel can be worn so many different ways. It can be a jacket to keep you warm, or worn around your waist as a stylish accent to the perfect look. Either way, invest in one and you’ll instantly turn into Beyonce and be able to conquer your day.

3. Halloween Costumes

Halloween is the first major holiday of the fall season and in order to have the perfect outfit, you must plan weeks in advance and have multiple options. Playboy Bunny? Witch? Sexy army brat? NO. Us basic girls are creative and go all out. Also, Halloween is the entire month of October didn’t you know? So make sure you are the best dressed Eleven from "Stranger Things" that walks into the frat party.

4. Boots/Booties

Knee-high, ankle-high, high-heeled, no-heeled. Boots are the key to every fall outfit. With boots at the bottom of your body, you are bound to be voted best dressed. No one needs to know you got them for $34 at Target because they are just that cute. You can wear them with dresses, leggings, jeans, or even nothing at all. Boots make every look a 10/10.

5. Decorate. Decorate. Decorate.

Who doesn’t love to come home to a nice room decorated with a light up pumpkin and some nice orange leaves dangling from the ceiling? I for sure know I do. Run to the dollar store or even the nearest Party City (if you're looking to spend the big bucks for a plastic pumpkin) and grab some cute decorations. Add some twinkly fairy lights and a nice fall scented room spray and you’re all set!

And there you have it! Hopefully, by following these 5 tips, you make these next two months live up to their true fall potential. Even if the leaves don’t change, you can still vamp up your look this season.