5 Valentine's Day Gifts That Your Wallet Will Love

Love doesn't always have to hurt your wallet.

97
Think Pynk

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and most of us don't have the slightest clue of what to get our loved ones. Jewelry and fine chocolates might be a great gift, but they can easily ruin our wallets. Here are five gift ideas for those who are gifting on a budget.

1. Dinner at Home

Nothing says "I love you" more than a home-cooked meal. This shows your loved one you were willing to go the extra mile for them. If you're not a great cook, make a simple yet classy meal such as pasta or baked chicken. If you need help in the kitchen, watch a few tutorials on YouTube. Make sure to set the table with candles and flowers to further add to the ambiance of the meal.

2. Love Coupons

Yes, love coupons can be a little corny and cliche but they can also create a fun date. Add in coupons such as "Dinner on me," or "Win one argument," to fully appeal to your loved one. If you are further advanced in your relationship, you can spice up your love life by including more intimate coupons.

3. Recreate Your First Date

Nothing is more romantic than remembering your first date together. Even if the date was awkward or went horribly wrong, remembering that special moment together will be a great experience. If your first date was a trip to the movies, rent that movie you saw on Amazon and play it at home. If you visited a certain location, go back to that place if possible. If not, print out a few photos of that special day and talk about how it went.

4. Poem Book

For those who love to read, a book of poems written by you will touch their hearts. Not all poems in the book have to be romantic. Include a few funny poems about embarrassing moments you both experienced together or jokes about your loved one. If your loved one has a favorite author or writer, include a few poems that person has written.

5. Scrapbook

Creating a scrapbook is a great way to walk down memory lane. Including old photos will bring nostalgia and remind you why you fell for that person in the first place. To make this activity more affordable, buy a few arts and crafts supplies at your local dollar store. Construction paper, glue, stickers, and colored pencils should suffice. For the album, visit your local Walmart or Micheal's. If you have a printer at home, download your photos on your computer and print them at home. If you don't, visit your local pharmacy and they can help you print out photos there.

When shopping for your loved one, always remember that the cost is never as important as the thought behind the gift. Happy Valentine's Day to all of the love birds of the world.