The 5 Types of Library-Goers

The 5 Types of Library-Goers

Which one are you and which studiers are you compatible with?

859
The 5 Types of Library-Goers
Aisquared

Most college students are no stranger to their campus library. Frequent library-goers (like myself) eventually get very accustomed to the layout of the library, various social graces per section of the library, as well as the type of people who visit the library in a given day. I've noticed, throughout my many hours of hunkering down in the library, that there are five different types of library-goers. Which one are you?

1. Library newbies

Regular library-goers can spot this type of person from a mile away. They just look confused, uncomfortable, and not quite sure what to do with themselves. Some of these newbies have never stepped foot in the library (or any library for that matter), so they haven't familiarized themselves with the layout and social graces of each part of the library. You may find them wandering around, desperately trying to find a place to set up camp or even talking to their landlord via loud phone call in a relatively quiet study area. You laugh, but I've seen and heard it happen. They are compatible with other people who have never stepped foot in a library ever before and socialites.

2. The socialite

These people go to the library so that they can, you guessed it, socialize. They don't care where they're sitting or what the people around them are doing, all they care about is the latest campus gossip and making sure they spread it as loudly as they can. They inhabit crowded parts of the library and frequently disguise themselves by staging study supplies around them. Don't be fooled, though, they're not actually doing any work. Socialites think they are compatible with everyone, but really they are compatible with other socialites, library newbies, and pseudo-productive library goers.

3. The person who thinks that just because they go to the library, they're being productive (pseudo-productive)

Frequently mixed in with the socialite, this type of person goes to the library in the hopes of getting work done, as they believe its productive and studious atmosphere will "rub off on them". I have really bad news for this kind of person: that's not how it works, that's not how ANY of this works. This type of library-goer is a little harder to find, but you can probably catch them flipping between watching Netflix and surfing Buzzfeed articles over and over again. Like the socialite, you probably won't catch them doing any real work besides figuring out which potato is their soul sister via Buzzfeed. These pseudo-productive indiviuals are compatible with other pseudo-productive library goers and socialites.

4. The semi-serious studier

This type of library attendee is between the obsessive Buzzfeed-surfer type and they type that never leaves the library. They work hard and get their work done, but they don't forget to take breaks. You can catch them minding their own business while doing their work or taking a Buzzfeed quiz every once in awhile during their study session. The semi-serious studier is compatible with other semi-serious studiers and the occassional pseudo-productive studier, as long as they stay in their lane.

5. The "shut the hell up don't talk to me" person (aggressive studiers)

You can usually find these super serious studiers in quiet rooms and/or buried in cubicles with their headphones in. They come to the library for one reason: get stuff DONE. They will not leave the library until their entire to-do list is checked off, even if it takes them all night. They have no time for shenanigans and are not interested in anything that may waste their precious studying time, including, but not limited to: socializing, Buzzfeed quizzes, and bathroom breaks. Do not interrupt aggressive studiers while they are working; you might just lose a limb if you even come close to them. You may have guessed that aggressive studiers aren't really compatible with any other type of studier, including other aggressive studiers - that's just too much aggression for one cubicle.