5 Travel Hacks That Will Get You Through The Holidays

Leave all your worries behind while traveling through the airport - these hacks got you covered.

18
airlinereporter.com

Going to school out of state really teaches you how to travel in an airport. Nothing is worse than showing up to the airport with too little time and unprepared to take on the crowds.

Here are 5 travel hacks that will get you through the airport during the holiday season in a timely fashion and stress-free.

1. Get TSA pre-check.

Getting through the airport on the eve of a holiday is the opposite of easy. With all those people in line for security, you feel incredible amounts of stress thinking about how little time you will have to run to the correct gate and make your plane on time. With TSA pre-check, those worries of being in the normal security line will be gone in a flash. TSA pre-check allows you to keep your shoes, belt, and outerwear on, you don't need to be patted down, and it and doesn't force you to take out your computer and put it in another bin through security. That's what I call time management.

2. Download your boarding pass onto your phone.

This step my friends is a life saver. Have you ever found yourself up next in security and realize you need to produce your boarding pass from your purse or carry-on bag, which is loaded with travel necessities? Having to rummage through your bag while the security employee stares you down is never something anyone wants to deal with - and that's why downloading your boarding pass onto your phone will save you so much time and energy. All you do is download the pass to a Wallet application on your phone, so once you step up to security to show your boarding pass you will be ready in no time.

3. Noise-cancelling headphones.

Ever experienced a crying, screaming baby on a plane? Or maybe the sound of a shaking plane during turbulence is something you can't stand to listen to? Then noise-cancelling headphones are certainly going to be your best friend. Just slide these guys over your ears and you can easily relax on your airplane, stress-free, whether or not there is a toddler screaming in the seat directly behind you.

4. Invest in a carry-on sized luggage to avoid baggage claim.

Checking a bag is the biggest hassle: having to write all of your info on a tag, finding the correct place in baggage claim to hopefully find the bag that you checked, the stresses go on and on. That's why I chose to get a great carry-on sized piece of luggage that will always be right above my head in the plane allowing me to get in and out of the plane without having to worry about if my bag made it. This bag is called the EC Adventure Pop Top Carry-On from Eagle Creek, and it can convert from a smaller size to a larger size; the second top compartment can unfold from the top flap of the bottom compartment. I love this bag because I can bring just a few things with me when I go home, and then I can bring even more when I go back to school with the extra storage.

5. Portable chargers are your best friend.

People are always worried about whether or not their phone will make it through a long flight on just 100% of battery - but we don't have to worry anymore. Portable chargers can be found almost everywhere and they solve the ongoing problem of worries around the life-span of a phone. Just charge up this little guy the night before your flight, and if during the middle of the plane ride you see your phone is down to 20%, plug your phone right in and the battery will be charged up in no time.

Those were 5 airport and travel hacks that can be used at any time of year - but are especially valuable during the holidays. I hope you can use these hacks to your advantage to get you through the airport and through your flight in a timely manner and stress-free. Safe travels and happy holidays!!!