5 Things You Should Focus On Before You Graduate

There Isn't Much Time Left So Make The Most Out Of It
6

Spring break is right around the corner and soon to follow is graduation! As a senior in high school I have come to appreciate the last few months and all of the special moments I have gotten to experience. From Senior Night to enjoying my last WPA (Women Pay All), I have been actively working towards enjoying what is left of my high school career. Being as busy as I am, I have decided to make a small list of things I believe everyone should do before they graduate.

1. Go On An Adventure With Your Friends

It is sad to say, but unfortunately you may never get to see some of the friends you have made in high school for a very long time and one of the best ways to enjoy the little time you still have together is to go make memories! This spring break, my friends and I are planning to go hang out in downtown KC to explore what the beautiful city has to offer. Most of us are planning to move away from home for college so we are trying to enjoy the time we have left in our hometown. Go on an adventure, it doesn't have to be expensive or lucrative, just go out and enjoy quality time with your friends while you still can.

2. Start A New Hobby Or Try Something New

I know it is cliche to tell someone to try something new or to start a new hobby, but I truly believe that it is very important to explore different things because you never know when you might discover something that you come to love. Another reason you should start a new hobby before you graduate is because it might help you connect with some people you have never talked to in your class or at school. Also it will help you when you go to college and you are trying to make new friends or trying to get involved on campus. The more open-minded you can be the better your senior year will be!

3. Spend Time With Your Family

Weirdly enough people may not think to do this, mostly because they think they already spend so much time with their families, but in reality we are so busy at times that we over-look this fact. Whether or not you leave the state or stay in-state for college, the matter of the fact is that we will get lost in our new worlds and we will not have as much time to spend with our families. So it is imperative that we take time to eat dinner with our families, maybe have family game nights, or just go out and spend time with your family by doing a fun activity like laser tag or bowling. Whether you realize it or not, this is not just for us, but also for our family who will come to feel the impact of our absences.

4. Go To A Live Event

I am definitely serious about this one, go to a live event! I have gone to a few live events like the Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull concert or the Chipotle Cultivate Festival, and I enjoyed every single minute of it. Go with your friends or alone, either way you are bound to have a good time. I recommend searching up events in your local area and select something you already enjoy doing or have an interest in. This is a great way to incorporate all the ideas I stated above.

5. Don't Be Afraid To Let Loose A Little

Last, but not least, just have fun! Dance around in your room, binge watch some Netflix, go out to eat to your favorite restaurant and just let loose! Don't be afraid to spend a little extra to treat yourself, but please don't go all out and break your bank account. Be reasonable, while still getting to experience what life has to offer. I enjoy eating food quite a bit, as a result I tend to spend a lot on outings with my girlfriend, but I still make sure to have some left over so I can buy gas. Overall just enjoy the time that is left, because there ain't much, and live life to the fullest!