5 Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving

The best food holiday of the year is also a day of giving thanks

11

While I joke about how Thanksgiving is the best food holiday of the year (because let's be real, it is), more importantly it is a day of giving thanks and showcasing what you are grateful for. Though I would like to think I exhibit how much I appreciate what is listed below on a daily basis, as the holiday season begins and another year comes to an end, I like to reiterate how beyond grateful I am for what is listed below.

1. I am thankful for my family

I am fortunate enough to have a close knit family. I talk to my parents every day, my sister goes to the college across the street from me, and my grandparents live close to me at home. Although this is something I often take for granted, I try to demonstrate how grateful I am for them as often as possible.

2. I am thankful for my education

As a graduating senior in just a few short weeks, I am grateful to have had this opportunity to further my schooling. I like to think I made the most of my three and a half years here at SUNY Oneonta and took advantage of as many opportunities as I could have. I am also extremely grateful for my parents paying for my college education and being two of my biggest supporters along the way.

3. I am thankful for my health

Although self care is not my strongest area, it is something I have been working on all semester. Eating as healthy as I do, making the time in the day for "me" time, being able bodied to spend long periods of time exercising in the gym, and having a healthy immune system are just a few aspects of my health that I am thankful for. Additionally, having the strong support system I do to ensure not only my physical, but mental health, are both taken care of is something I feel extremely lucky to have.

4. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been granted

From traveling to Israel, to completing two Disney College Programs, to campus leadership positions, and visiting friends around the United States to name a few, I have been fortunate enough to have been able to take advantage of numerous opportunities many are unable to.

5. I am thankful for my support system

If it weren't for my friends and family, none of what I do would be possible. They are the ones who pick me up when I am down. It is all thanks to them that I have the drive to push through the rough days, I continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel during the dark ones, and I continually push and strive to be the best that I can be.