5 Things To Thank Your Mom For

5 Things To Thank Your Mom For

We don't always tell you how much we appreciate you

3
5 Things To Thank Your Mom For
Hanna Hartman

My mom has been one of the most influential people in life. She is my rock and my soul. She is the one who has taught me a lot of life lessons. I trust her with my life (literally) and I know that I can never repay what she has done for me, but I will try. Thanking my mom is one of the best ways to get started. Here are just a few of the things that I am thanking my mom for.

1. Thank you for always having my back.

You have always been behind me when it came to different things. If I had an argument about a grade I got in a class, you would help me fight it. You also taught me to stand my own ground. This is an important lesson that I will remember my entire life. Whenever I needed your help getting out of a sticky situation, you were there.

2. Thank you for helping me make most of the right decisions.

You have guided me in the right direction my whole life. You have raised me to be kind, honest, and loving. I have looked to you whenever I have had to make a big decision in my life and you have given me your opinion and that usually guides me the right way. Honestly, that curfew was probably one of the best "decisions" you have made for me.

3. But, also thank you for letting me make my own mistakes.

You have always told me what you think about different things and you have never lied to me. This is one of the biggest reasons that I love you. You let me know how you felt and then you let me make my own decisions. Most of the times those decisions were wrong, but you let me learn on my own. This was a valuable experience especially when I left the nest.

4. Thank you for believing in me.

You have believed that I could do anything that I set my mind to. You believed in me when no one else did. You were my biggest cheerleader in everything! You were my biggest fan and I can never repay you for all of the games, concerts, and events you went to! Even when they were absolutely dreadful, you were still there cheering me on. You are one of the biggest supporters in my college endeavors and that means the world to me. I know that I will always have you cheering me on.

5. And most of all, thank you for being my mom.

If I ever had a different mom, I would runaway and find you. You are the best mom that I have ever had! I do not know what I would have done without you. Growing up I may not have appreciated the things you did because you were my mom, but I realize how important they are now. You have raised a wonderful young woman and you should be very proud of yourself. Now go have some wine, you deserve it!