5 Surprises and 5 Disappointments So Far This NFL Season

San Fransisco dominates, Cleveland implodes, and more!

16

Through the first half of the NFL season, there are some teams that have pleasantly surprised us. There are others that have frustrated fans to the point of questioning the very nature of existence. Here are some of the biggest surprises, and disappointments, so far this season.

Surprise: Buffalo Bills

Only one game behind the undefeated Patriots, the Bills have made their living with one of the best defenses in football, and an well coached offense that does enough to get it done. It's not always pretty, but a W is a W.

Disappointment: Chicago Bears

Unlike the Bills, the Bears have an offense that can't do the bare minimum, even with one of the best defenses in the league. Quarterback Mitch Trubisky has regressed and can barely throw a football. It's time to panic in the Windy City.

Surprise: Carolina Panthers

With CMC playing like an MVP, the Panthers are in the thick of the playoff race, even without their Superman Cam Newton.

Disappointment: Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta has lost five straight games, their defense has been atrocious, and now that Matt Ryan is out with an injury, things are only going to get worse.

Surprise: San Fransisco 49ers

From three wins all of last year to an undefeated 6-0 start this season, the Niners are benefitting from a healthy roster and new young additions that have made them a potential Super Bowl contender.

Disappointment: Los Angeles Chargers

Not only are the Chargers 2-5, but they've lost in pretty heartbreaking fashion. From missed field goals, to costly penalties, to a fumble on the one yard line, the only thing they have to blame is themselves.

Surprise: Indianapolis Colts

Even with Luck's retirement, Indy's great roster and coaching are helping them prove that they're still a team to be reckoned with.

Disappointment: Philadephia Eagles

The Eagles look like a team that is falling apart from within. From questionable play calling to mediocre quarterback play, this team has a LOT of issues to figure out before they win anything.

Surprise: Green Bay Packers

Now that future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers has an honest to God team around him, the Packers are 6-1 and Rodgers is back to MVP form. All it took was doing literally anything to help him.

Disappointment: Cleveland Browns

Where to begin....terrible coaching, terrible offensive line, and Baker Mayfield has gone from burning defenses to looking cooked. They haven't found a way to utilize all their new talent. It's hard to say if they even have an identity at all.

And there you have it. To all my surprises, best of luck. To the disappointments....you may want to get some paper bags to hide your faces. It could get ugly.