How you can workout outside during the summer?

5 Outdoor Workouts That Will Keep You In Shape This Summer

Instead of being stuck in a crowded gym at the end of a long workday, look to your surrounding outside to see how you could switch up your workout to be outside in the sun.

37

When the sun is finally shining and the temperature is well above 70 degrees, there is no reason to be stuck inside working out inside when there are so many ways to get your heart rate up in the good old outdoors. Instead of being stuck in a crowded gym at the end of a long workday, look to your surrounding outside to see how you could switch up your workout to be outside in the sun. These five activities are perfect examples of how to get a good workout while being in the warm, summer sun.

1. Running

When the sun is shining and it's a nice summer day, what better way to enjoy the sun than going for a nice run. You can run around your neighborhood, a local lake, your old high school track. the options are endless. You can even bring your dog along. You can get a nice run in and a little sun.

2. Swimming

Swimming is not only fun workout but it counts as a workout too. Instead of just laying by the pool, basking in the sun, hop in the pool for a few laps to cool down and get a workout in. It's a win-win.

3. Rollerblading

Rollerblading is the perfect blend between getting in a good workout and hanging out with friends. Get a few friends to get some rollerblades and rollerblade around the coolest parts of your city. It's a fun way to get outside in the sunshine and still be active.

4. Any kind of water sport

Water sports are a great way to get out and get active, and they're pretty fun. Paddleboarding, canoeing, and more are fun ways to stay cool in the hot sun while breaking a sweat. Go to your local lake, rent some paddleboards, and have fun!

5. Biking

There is noting better than a nice bike ride on a bright and sunny day. Grab your own bike, or rent one in the city and go for a nice bike ride wherever. You can see the sights of a big city or the favorite spots in your neighborhood, all while getting in a good workout.

These are a few of my favorite ways to get active outside in the warm summer months. Living in the midwest, you have to get the warmth in while you can. So instead of spending a few hours in a gym, move your workout outside and soak in the sun.