5 Statistics To Make You Thankful

5 Statistics To Make You Thankful

This Thanksgiving try to think about everything you actually have and should be thankful for.

719
5 Statistics To Make You Thankful
Quote Addicts

While I could have always taken the road less traveled and written an article not about thanksgiving, I'm not going to! I am definitely one of those people that stops to smell the roses and buts in to everyone's complaining to bring up all of the things they actually do have to be thankful for. Don't get me wrong; I do my share of complaining. Although at the end of the day I always reflect back on how much I actually am blessed with. I've encountered a lot of people who don't take me seriously when I bring up all of the things they should be thankful for, so I'm bringing up statistics and proof of just how lucky they are.

1. Having a home

If you do not have a great homelife I am deeply sorry. I understand that it must be extremely tough to come home everyday to people that do not make you feel special and loved. Although there are plenty of people who would do anything just for a roof over their head.

According to Global Homelessness Statistics there are 100 million individuals worldwide that do not have a home.

2. Friendship

Me being the optimist that I am (most the time, of course) do not take my friendships for granted. I make a note to tell people that I care about just how much I care about them frequently. Even friends that may get under my skin occasionally, I still love them deeply and would do anything for them.

According to The Guardian 1 in 10 people feel as though they do not have any close friends

This goes for family, too. Never take your loved ones for granted!!!

3. American freedom

I know what you're thinking, "Oh no, not politics again!". Trust me when I say I feel you on such a deep level. I am sick and tired of hearing about every aspect of this election on both sides. One cannot deny the opportunity we have as American citizens though. We are given the chance to have a say in how our country is run.

According to Global Edge North Korea has no election process for the Executive branch, there is generally only one candidate for the Judicial branch and the Supreme Court passes laws with virtually no debate in the Legislative branch.

We haven't even gotten into the laws yet! Starting to understand why people are so adamant about voting?

4. Your health

First I want to say I am so terribly sorry if you or your loved ones are facing a terrible illness or disease right now. I hope and pray that you overcome it. If you are healthy and not facing anything life-threatening, you should feel beyond blessed.

According to the National Cancer Institute Cancer kills about 171.2 per 100,000 men and women every year.

Raise awareness! Please also go to your doctor regularly for checkups. We want to try and prevent this disease or any other disease as much as we possibly can.

5. Regular meals

I love food. I always wondered why gluttony was classified as such a bad thing, but after looking at the overall big picture and perspective I begin to understand. To simply have the ability to have three meals a day is a privilege, and eating more than we need seems like we are taking advantage of it.

According to Hunger Statistics there are 795 million people on earth that do not have enough food to live a healthy life.

This statistic breaks my heart. There are so many people not eating enough. Never take advantage of everything you are blessed with!