5 Spots You Need to Visit This Summer

5 Spots You Need to Visit This Summer

The warm weather reminds us that vacation is almost here. Plan your trips now with these spots in mind!

13
5 Spots You Need to Visit This Summer

With spring and summer right around the corner, I'll give you some places you really need to visit in the New England area.

1. Hampton Beach

Hampton Beach is probably one of the most visited summer vacation spots in the New England and absolutely the most fun. Go to the beach, buggie board with some friends, get some food, and do it all over again the next day. I recommend the Boardwalk Café for some of the best food on the boardwalk. Also, check out the arcade near the end of the boardwalk! They have two levels of amazingly fun games for all ages. If that isn't your style, go watch a show at the Casino Ballroom. They have shows all year round and have some amazing performers.

2. Old Orchard Beach

Similar to Hampton Beach, you can hang out at the beach all day if you like, but there is so much more fun. Spend some time at the carnival there, Palace Playland and take your chance on some of the rides, like the rollercoaster, or just go around on the carousel. The shops and food are beyond fantastic and there is such variety between them all that you will never get bored.

3. Hammond Castle

If you want to visit an actual castle in Massachusetts, this would be the place. You can take a tour of the castle and be thrown back in time, or just sit around and look at the view, which is absolutely gorgeous. When I walked across the lawn in front of the castle, I felt like an actual lady in from a Brontë novel and you can feel that way too!

4. Castle Island

One of the most relaxing spots in the Boston area, it is packed with people during the summer. You can sit on the grass and watch as the boats go by and the planes land or take off at Logan Airport. Take a walk around the fort it grab some food from Sullivan's. Even better, take a tour of the fort, which had been around since the 1630s.

5. Canobie Lake Park

For all you active people out there, Canobie Lake Park puts the amusement in amusement park. Spend a day having the time of your life on rollercoasters, ferris wheels, and all sorts of rides. If you really want to have your socks knocked off, go on Untamed. I dare you. The 90 degree drop is one of the scariest things you'll experience. Or, if it's really hot out, head to the Boston Tea Party to get cool and a little wet.