The 10 Adventures You Need To Take With Your Friends This Summer

It's time to start living out loud.

830
We Heart It

OK, quick poll: how many times during the summer do you find yourself subjected to complete and utter boredom? Are you sick of sitting home and just wishing that you had something new and exciting to do? Well, not anymore, because 2016 is going to be the summer of experiences. Say goodbye to sitting home, binge-watching "Gilmore Girls" and "Grey"'s and get yourself out there. You're young, restless, and have nothing holding you down. So, call up your friends and pack a bag because these adventures are the sure-fire remedy for any strain of the Summertime Blues:

1. Go to a silent disco.

For all of you who hate when someone tells you that your music is too loud, meet your new favorite thing. Silent discos are the newest craze on the music scene. In them, participants are given wireless headphones connected to the DJ and from there, it's like any other party. You can find these events at music festivals, city events, or even at private parties! So say goodbye to annoying noise complaints and not being able to hear your friends' voices when they talk to you.

2. Visit the locations of your favorite shows/movies.

This one is for the TV, movie, and book junkies in your life (unless that person is you, in which case, we should be friends). For this adventure, pick a few of your favorite fictional towns from television and the big screen that actually exist and plan the ultimate pop culture road trip. Places like Sleepy Hollow, New York (from Johnny Depp's "Sleepy Hollow"), Scranton, PA (home of "The Office"), and Forks, WA (if you were a "Twilight" fan for a quick second) can all be visited in real life. So catch up on your favorites and get a move on!

3. Try your hand at geocaching.

Nothing to do on a sunny day? Try geocaching! This outdoor fun is like a little treasure hunt from anywhere you are, in the palm of your hand. Using any one of the thousands of geocaching apps for iPhones and Androids, simply put in your location and get the coordinates for hundreds of prizes (or caches) in your area. The prizes you find can be anything from key chains to pencils to actual money; each one holding sentimental value and acting as a little reminder of the adventure you took to find them!

4. Spin a globe, blindfolded, and point to a country to visit.

Yes, you could go to the obvious vacation destinations around the world; Italy! Spain! Greece! But you're being adventurous this summer. And what's more adventurous than letting blind chance choose where to travel for you? With so many incredible places and sights in the world, you'll find just about everything no matter where you end up.

5. Grab your friends and visit your colleges.

This may be the only time that going to school in the summer is enjoyable. If you're looking for something out of the ordinary to do on a clear summer day, grab your friends, some snacks, and your best driving playlist and hit the road for an old-fashioned college road trip! Make stops at all of your schools for a nice change of scenery from hanging out at home, as well as getting the chance to see what your friends wake up to for most of the year (minus eating the terrible food). Plus, who isn't a sucker for some good collegiate apparel?

6. Have a beach camp-out.

We all know that there's nothing better than packing a bag and heading to the beach with your squad. But instead of taking your typical day trip down the shore, plan a camp-out instead! Pack a few tents, pillows, food, even a guitar for some late-night serenading, and pick your fave spot on the sand! Maybe even get a campfire going (if your state laws allow it!) and have a mini-bonfire. With your friends by your side and nothing around you to stress you out, this is one relaxing and truly unforgettable experience that you can talk about for a lifetime.

7. Hike until you find the best view.

Let's face it: we're only blessed with three months of summer. So in that short time, make sure you get a chance to hike so you can capture all of those Insta-worthy shots of beautiful mountains and gorgeous valleys. But, don't settle for any old peak. Look for the grandest, tallest mountain that you can find and don't stop climbing until you've found the perfect view. You'll be surprised at how far you've climbed and what you've accomplished.

8. Take every mean of transportation at least once.

It's time to venture out. Make it your goal to travel by every means of transportation that you can think of, regardless of where you find yourself at the end of the ride. That means take a walk, drive a car, hop on a flight, catch a bus, hail a taxi, travel by train, sail on a boat, and the list goes on. By taking on this challenge, you'll give this summer a whole new meaning to the phrase "It's the journey, not the destination."

9. Get lost in New York City.

Throw away the tourist maps, the GPS, and the phones (well, not the phones, but you get the idea). Let yourself explore the urban jungle and find yourself in the new and exciting places that the Big Apple has to offer. It can be a hassle to be bogged down with time restraints, itineraries, and directions. By following your instincts and taking chances on new places, you'll be in for the most fun-filled and impulsive city trip of your life.

10. Cliff diving.

Admit it; you've seen countless cliff diving scenes in your favorite movies and you know you've secretly always wanted to try it. So naturally, the summer of adventures has to include this staple task. That being said, grab your bravest friends and look for one of the hundreds of cliff diving and cliff jumping company locations all over the US that can help you cross this experience right off of your bucket list.

So this summer, do all of those things that you've seen on television, your news feeds, and in movies. Travel, explore, and discover life with your friends and don't regret any time you spent on making memories. Because the things you love, the people you meet, and the times you can look back on all started with one adventure.