4 Songs You Probably Didn't Know The True Meaning To

You've heard the songs — but, you probably don't know what they mean.

3450
Tumblr

WARNING: Before you read, watch the music videos or listen to the songs!

1. Siegfried by Frank Ocean

This song is the 15th song on Frank Oceans recent album, "Blond." He is a lyrical mastermind. Ocean raps of the troubles with conforming to other people's expectations and the highs and lows in life. His words flow from his love life to his own personal decisions and then to God. The ending is what really gets me. He ends it by repeating "I'd do anything for you." Ocean hit the nail on the head with this one. His last line shows every human's drive. #micdrop

2. Sleep on The Floor by The Lumineers

The Lumineers woke up the world with their lyrics. Their song captures the idea of wanting to move to a new place, having goals there and ideas of a new life. But, once you get there, it disappoints you. This song is the reaction to that letdown and the adventure that follows it. Life isn't always going to be beautiful. Sometimes it's going to let you down, but you'll always get back. The Lumineers reminded the world of the reality of life's misfortunes, but also reminded them of adventure. Their idea of adventure is an enticing one. They refreshed the faces of the young adults staring into a phone screen by pointing towards the outdoors (which is what everyone stuck in this technology world needs). Basically, if you listen or watch their music video, then you will want to get up, go outside and do that crazy thing you've been holding back on. I know it makes me want to do that.

3. In the Air (freestyle) by Lil' Snupe

This song is an anthem of Lil' Snupe's life. Impressively, this song was a freestyle recorded for his R.I.N.C album in 2013. The lyrics narrate the life of a struggling African-American male living in Miami, but it happens to be exactly about him. He raps of having to sell drugs to support his mother, how he had to have strength to live in the hood of Miami, and how he had no other option but to live his life the way he did. Lil' Snupe almost brags about himself throughout his song by exclaiming how he made his career happen and how much he worked for it. He even claims that he "is Tupac Shakur reincarnated." Ironically, he was shot and killed shortly after recording this song in an argument over a video game altercation. #ripsnupe

4. Pools by Glass Animals

First of all, I think every member of Glass Animals was born on a different planet. Their music is completely strange, yet anyone who listens will want to keep listening. If it's your first time listening to Glass Animals, Pools is a great song to start with. It opens with what sounds like different percussion instruments trying to portray animal noises and then dives into techno beats. I've had absolutely no idea what this song meant, and I've listened to it countless times. But recently, I learned that it's about baby toys. The producer of Glass Animals album, ZABA, recently had a baby, and they decided to write a song about baby toys. It's an interesting twist on a fun song and an even more fun music video.