5 Song Lyrics That Changed My Life

5 Song Lyrics That Changed My Life

Through music I reconnected with life.

324
5 Song Lyrics That Changed My Life
Olivia Higdon

For me, music isn't always just the music. It's the experience, the motion, the idea, and the meaning. Music has impacted my life extremely, and sharing why can hopefully bring an insight to my perspective.

1) "I've got the whole world in front of me, I'm not letting go till I say"- Let's Cheers To This, Sleeping With Sirens

This lyric and band might be the most significant lyric and band in my life. This song ultimately saved my life. When I was in a super rough place, I had planned on ending my life. I played a random Pandora station, and I cried for hours until I finally had the nerve to begin the journey of suicide. Right as I was about to clear my slate, this song started playing. Never in my life have I felt something more concrete and as quickly as I did in that moment. I started listening to this song religiously, and the band religiously. Through the toughest parts of my life, this song really lifted me back up.

2) "I would kill just to feel less invisible"- The First Punch, Pierce The Veil

Much like the first lyric, this song hits close to home. When I was really struggling with my mental health, all I wanted was to be heard and welcomed. Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens are very similar in sound and ideas, which is what originally got me into these bands to begin with.

3) "I've been moving mountains that I once had to climb"- Gold Steps, Neck Deep

When I listen to music, I find lyrics that really speak to me, like this. I feel empowered and strong when I listen to this song, specifically for this lyric. After everything I've been through, I listen to this song and just feel reconnected with life.

4) "I am the ocean, I am the sea, there is a world inside of me"- Crucify Me, Bring Me The Horizon

Again, much like the other songs in this article, this song gives me a sense of peace within myself. I feel beautiful, I feel whole again. The songs in this article are all either considered "screamo" or punk, and the lyrics just genuinely reach out to me. When I compare myself to nature, I really feel more beautiful than before. To feel connected to something to powerful through music is something I wish everyone experiences at least once in their life.

5) "I hope you make peace with your pain"- Never Lose Your Flames, Issues

This song is about finding yourself, and loving every bit of yourself. Making peace with our pain is something so hard to do, but once we do we come out stronger and better than we ever were. Through music, I've really changed and grew into the person I am today. Without music, and lyrics, I wouldn't be who I am.