5 Small And Silly Ways He Shows His Love

Because actions speak louder than words.

9
Holland Lavine

Ahhhh, love. Movies define it as a romantic scene, with two star crossed lovers drenched with spring rains, confessing their undying love for the other as an orchestra serenades them in the background. Music often defines it as a country hick crooning to his gal about how he loves her more than beer, his tractor AND his boat to the rhythm of a good ole’ cow bell and milk jug. Literature usually defines it as this unobtainable, tragic thing, were two perfect people who were literally made for each other must somehow overcome whatever odds keep them apart (and you best believe they die at the end).

All of these definitions are grand and unrealistic. The truth is, here in the real world love is defined by the simple things. Some may even say, the silly things. Just incase you were curious, here are some ways your man shows his love for you:

1. He appreciates and attends to your overwhelming (and expensive) love of food.

Ladies, to me, this is golden. No matter what your hankering, whether it be six count Chick-fil-a nugget meal, a good ole’ Chipotle burrito, a Papa John’s pizza with the works, or even as simple as your favorite gas station snack, if your lover never bats an eye at picking it up for you… KEEP HIM. Think about it, one of the most basic human needs for survival is food, right? Home boy loves you so much that he’s helping you survive. Extra points to the fellas who know your order every single time.

2. He may absolutely hate your favorite show on Netflix, but you best believe he’s snuggled up beside you when you want to watch it.

Let’s be honest, not every guy is going to think "One Tree Hill" is the best thing since sliced bread. (And hey, fellas if you do then awesome! Team Brooke all the way). But, when you settle down on the couch he always clicks the episode you had ended on and deals with your emotional merry-go-round during that 40-some-odd minutes. And hey, he may even manage to keep up with the plot and ask if “the dude who’s got the dark hair and plays basketball” is still with “that nerd girl.” To all the Netflix sacrificers out there, kudos to you! Don’t worry your time will come and she will end up loving "Daredevil" just as much as you do!

3. He Always Avoids Covering His Ears When You Sing Off-Key in The Car.

You can’t help it. When “Hit Me Baby One More Time” comes on it’s like Britney herself takes control of your body and you are forced to belt your best “GIVE ME A SIGNNNNNN” at the top of your lungs. Bless his heart, the two of you know that you can’t sing worth a crap, but he still looks over at you and all of your Britney impersonating glory and grins. You’re singing so off key that the people parked beside you at that red light are cringing and their ears are possibly bleeding, but your sweet partner takes it like a champ and lets you have your superstar moment. Sometimes, on a good day, you may even catch him mouthing the words right along with you. Yeah, we see you buddy.

4. He Deals with Your Emotional Attachment to Dogs You Don’t Even Own.

Sometimes he wakes up to 20+ messages on his phone, all screenshots of different dogs you were up pinning on Pinterest at the crack of dawn. He often has to drag you away as you attempt to kidnap the adorable Corgi that a nice man is walking while you scream “BUT IT’S LEGS! LOOK THEY’RE SO CUTE! I NEED IT!” He willingly drives you to Pet Smart strictly so you can pet the dogs during Pet Adoption day and coo over their cute little puppy paws. When you talk about your future together it doesn’t bother him that your first priority is the number of dogs you can have at your place together. Don’t worry sweetie, no matter how many times I cry because of sloppy puppy kisses, know that yours are always the sweetest.

5. He LOVES Embarrassing You in Public in Order to Make You Smile.

“What? You don’t think I’m attractive like this? I think I look great,” he says as he twists his face into the most hap-hazard angles, eyes bulging, tongue out as the two of you walk past crowds of people. You may beg him to stop but your giggles are muffled behind the palms of your hands, covering your tomato colored face. As you pull up to the drive through you slowly sink into your seat praying to the fast food Gods that the server taking your order finds his new found accident hilarious and NOT annoying: “Ello ole’ chap, me gal here wants one of your finest cheeeeeeseburgaaaars on the pronto.” Never the less, you’re laughing hysterically when the two of you drive off, telling him that you can’t believe he actually did that. No matter the situation, your lover never loses the opportunity to make you smile, even when people look at him like he has 3 heads.

Love isn’t grand gestures, perfectly timed rainfall or dramatic endings. Love is the things that people tend to look over, yet they impact our mood for the entire day. It’s the things that give you that warm feeling, that one grin or that burst of laughter. It’s finding a person who is willing to put themselves and effort into everything, no matter how small, because they love you and want this crazy adventure with you.

Because love is the silly little things.