5 Simple Ways To Introduce Minimalism Into Your Life

You don't have to be a minimalist to reduce your lifestyle.
131

I don't know about you, but for me I always feel at peace whenever I clean out and get rid all the unnecessary junk in my life. I wouldn't consider myself a minimalist although I do like to only live with what I need. It causes me anxiety to have clutter.

Introducing minimalism into your lifestyle can be difficult, but here's a list of a few things that can help you simplify:

1. The T-shirt Challenge

Go through your t-shirts and keep your top ten favorite. Chances are you only wear four of five of them anyways so it should be easy, right?

2. Ask yourself, "Does this serve a purpose?"

If you can't find a purpose for it or are indifferent about it, get rid of it.

3. Watch "Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things" on Netflix

This documentary may seem a bit extreme, but it will definitely get you motivated.

4. The Décor Challenge

Pick 5 things to use as décor in every room. This includes things on the walls and things setting on top of shelves, tables, or whatever. Say goodbye to the rest.

5. Get rid of clutter on a single surface

Start with keeping one surface completely clutter free. Then, slowly expand that clutter free surface.