5 Romance Novels to Read This Year

5 Romance Novels to Read This Year

Whether or not you like romance, these books are great reads.

213
5 Romance Novels to Read This Year

Romance novels are one of my favorite genre of books. No, I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a hopeless romantic, but I do enjoy the occasional Nicholas Sparks book. If you're a pretend hopeless romantic like me and need book suggestions, I've got the perfect list for you.

Here are five of my favorite romance novels you should read this year.

1. "A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks

So I've seen the movie and read the book, and they're both totally different. I've seen all of my friends go ga-ga over the movie but I have to admit, I think it sucks. The book is beautifully written and romantic, and the movie was completely different. I mean sure, Hollywood portrayals of novels have to be different, but nothing compares to a church girl and a politician's son falling in love.

2. "November 9" by Colleen Hoover

This book is not your ordinary love story. It's about an extraordinary couple who has to endure the ultimate test of their love: distance. Though that sounds super cheesy, I can guarantee it's an amazing read. Hoover is known for her tear-jerking novels and this one does not disappoint.

3. "Ugly Love" by Colleen Hoover

If you haven't caught on quite yet, Colleen Hoover is my favorite romance author. Hoover has a way of ripping my heart out every time yet has me coming back for more. "Ugly Love" is a bit different from other novels I've read, considering it starts with two people having a fling but coincidentally falling in love. This was my first ever Colleen Hoover novel and it definitely wasn't my last.

4. "Maybe Someday" by Colleen Hoover

This book was so beautiful that it had me learning sign language after reading it. A story about a deaf young man and a hearing woman, making music together, and falling in love, what more could you want from a book? Definitely worth the read.

5. "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman

Sure, this isn't your ordinary romance novel but it's definitely good. This book is a great balance of tear-jerker and inspiration and will have you rethinking your life.

There are plenty of romance novels out there ready to be read. Whether or not romance is your genre, it's fun to get out of your comfort zone and read something new. You'd be surprised to know that romance novels aren't just romance, they have different plots with action, drama, and suspense, but of course, you always have a bit of a love interest. Romance novels have been my favorite for a little over a year now, and as long as Colleen Hoover keeps on writing, they'll probably continue to be my favorite.