5 Reasons You Need To Watch 'Broad City'

Your new binge-worthy show is here.

12
i.ytimg.com

IMDb describes Comedy Central's "Broad City" as a show that, "follows two women throughout their daily lives in New York City, making the smallest and mundane events hysterical and disturbing to watch all at the same time." The show stars real-life best friends Abbi Abrams and Ilana Wexler as exaggerated versions of their selves. You immediately fall in love with their characters and their ridiculous adventures. Here's why you need to binge watch this.

1. We are all Abbi Jacobson.

She's crazy awkward. She gets nervous around her hot neighbor. She's always doing the worst tasks at her job as a "cleaner" at a Soul Cycle-type gym. She has one token dress that makes her feel like a million bucks. Everything she does always just goes horribly wrong. Sound familiar? Also, she loves Bed Bath Beyond as much as us.

2. We wish we had Ilana Glazer's confidence.

While we're all a ~work in progress~ Ilana struts it like she knows she's worth it, because you know what? She really is. She exudes girl power from every pore of her body and we all need to channel her a little bit more. She also has the best bralettes.

3. We want these girls to thank for "YAASS QUEEN!"

Yup, you read that right. These girls are the reason our favorite phrase of 2016 is our favorite phrase. Whether it's reassuring Abbi that she looks bangin' in her favorite blue dress or helping teach a privileged young child how she lives, Ilana is always pulling this line out.

4. They're modern-day feminists.

They are simply badass 21st century broads (see what I did there). We can look up to them for always standing up for what they believe in and calling out what they think isn't right.

5. They are friendship goals.

They love each other so much and would do anything for one another. What more can a girl ask for? They remind us not to take ourselves too seriously, always be honest with our friends and to just roll with the punches.