5 Reasons Why You Should Never Take A Cheater Back

Never go back to someone toxic just because you’re lonely.
1653

Getting cheated on is easily one of the worst feelings in the world. You question everything from your self-worth, all the way to if anything in your relationship was ever real or genuine. Many times, a lot of people make the fatal mistake of taking their cheating significant other back, or continuing to hang out and have relations with them after the fact. Although you may feel there are reasons that you should take them back, there are even more reasons why you should just pick up, and move on.

1. Your relationship will never, ever be the same.

The trust is gone. And a relationship without trust is like a car without gas—it goes nowhere. All your fun memories will just be followed by thoughts of how your lover did you wrong, and if he was being faithful at the time of those sacred memories.

2. People rarely ever change.

I’ve learned from experience that people do not change. And on the off chance they do, they will not change for you, but only for themselves. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase "once a cheater, always a cheater." Now, sometimes that isn’t true, but face it, most of the times it is very true.

3. Getting back with a cheater shows a tremendous lack of self-respect.

Cheating is usually a chronic occurrence. How could you respect yourself, or anybody else respect you if you're willing choose to stay with a man who clearly had no respect or value for you? If you keep on taking someone back, it is no longer about love. It is about the power your significant other has over you. If they know they can get you back no matter what they do, they will always fall back into their old bad habits.

4. If they truly loved you, they would have never cheated.

Do not listen to their sad sob stories and apologize saying that they love you and it was a mistake. It does not work like that. When you meet the person that you are destined to be with, they will never even think about cheating on you. They will love you with all their heart, and the thought of hurting you will never cross their mind.

5. You deserve better.

There is so much out there in the world whether it be opportunities or people that are good for you. Staying with someone who has broken your trust and cheated on you will only hinder you and hold you back. You need to put your feelings aside, as hard as it may be, and put yourself first. Get out of the situation as fast as you can. Your life will only flourish and get better once you eliminate toxic people from it.