5 Reasons Why Recovery Is Worth It

5 Reasons Why Recovery Is Worth It

Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it's something that it doesn't get a day off.
172

Having an eating disorder has changed my life forever. At first, I honestly didn't want to recover from the deadly disease. With the help of my family, friends, and treatment team I recovered and so happy in the long run I chose to recover. Here is why recovery is worth it.

1) I have CONFIDENCE

I know it's not going to be easy, but nothing about recovery is easy. But with the help of your support system, you can learn to love the body that you were born to have.

2) To not fear food

The food was never the enemy, your mind was. Your mind tried to make it seem like the worst thing in the world. Yet you probably missed things like Holidays, going out with friends, and so much more because you feared food. Someone once told me all food is good for you in moderation. So go ahead and eat that cupcake if you want to once and a while.

3) Regain energy and strength

With an eating disorder, everyday feels like a battle. Muscle pains, tiredness, and always feeling weak; it sucks. Yet when I recovered I found I wasn't in as much pain, I was more awake, I felt strong both mentally and physically.

4) It's like you regain your family

I will admit during the time of my eating disorder I was a bitch. I pushed people away. I fought with people and so much more. I just stopped caring about everything and I was letting my family watch me slowly kill myself, but they wouldn't let that happen, and I am so grateful for those who put up with me.

5) You become whole with yourself

I will admit at the start it's like everything is a secret. During recovery, I am proud to say "I am recovered from an eating disorder." There have been times of ups and downs, but I am better now.