5 Reasons Why You Should Get To Know Someone Who Is Introverted

I promise, you won't regret it.

541
Huffington Post

Being a certain way is a part of life. We all have certain personality traits that make us who we are, there are things that we like, and things that we don’t like, along with things that are smack dab in the middle that can be tolerated, but not too much. Being an introvert myself, I have come to the conclusion that it is OK to be the person who prefers to be inside, the person who is more shy than others, and the person who knows themselves enough to put themselves where they need to be. There is nothing wrong with being any other way, but many introverted people tend to feel left out of the crowd and I want to let them know that it’s OK to be this way, and that introverted people are great to get to know.

Without further ado, here are five reasons why you should get to know someone who’s introverted:

We can be just as loud and obnoxious as any other person, and we love to have fun.

I’m not joking. We seriously can be. In most cases, we who are introverted will start off as shy as we normally would be, but once you take the time to get to know us, you’ll start to tell us to shut up because we won’t stop talking. Oops.

We make the best friends.

This is a really cool thing. Due to having our guard up, once we meet great people and the guard gets let down, we become so close to people that they are more like family than actual friends. So if you become my friend, just wait, because you will also be making four new friends on the side. Welcome to the family!

We are detail oriented, and love to help those we are close to.

Need help with homework? No problem! We can help you fix whatever grammar mistakes you have made in your essays or we can help you come up with something to draw for your art project that is spectacular! It’s the little things we like, and details are one of them.

We won’t keep you out late.

We like to go out and have fun. So we can go out whenever and wherever, have some fun, but you best bet that we will have you back in time to watch “Grey’s Anatomy”. We like our alone time, and we like to be in at night, so we will take you home early to do the same.

We are great listeners.

Now don’t get me wrong, we like to talk too. But if you are ever in need of someone to just sit and listen to you vent about something going on in your life, an introverted person is just what you are looking for. You want to know what else? We can listen to you as long as you like, we will always have our ears and heart open to your feelings.

See? An introverted person isn’t too bad. I promise if you get to know someone who’s different it won’t make a difference. Just try it and make the best out of it. You never know, you could end up being best friends or even dating one day. Just take all of this into consideration before jumping the gun.