5 Memes That Sum Up The Reasons Switching To A Healthy Diet Sucks

Because being healthy is hard. It is not fun.
521

Most of us have made our New Years Resolutions for 2018, and one of the biggest things we resolve to do is to eat healthier. I recently resolved to do this but it really wasn't what I wanted to do. If I had a choice I'd honestly eat all the junk I wanted but unfortunately, life had other plans for me. Recently I've been suffering from Acid Reflux and was becoming tired of having my throat on fire every day and popping acid reducers.

I had to make the decision to set myself straight and eat a non-inflammatory diet and avoid my trigger foods. On top of this, I have a mild Lactose Intolerance and mild Gluten Intolerance, so as you can imagine these changes limited what I could eat even more. Luckily I'm not a super picky eater, but when you're used to eating a certain way with so many options it can feel like you're stuck in a box. So without further ado, I give you five things that suck about changing your diet as told by memes.

1. Taking That First Sip of Apple Cider Vinegar

Even if you mix it with honey and tea it will still curl your toes and give you the cider shivers. If you drink this you know what I'm talking about. You sincerely hope that it actually is a miracle cure because otherwise your drinking nuclear apple pee for nothing.

2. You Have to Lie to Yourself That it Will be Okay

You come up with a million reasons to justify why you're putting yourself through this because your body hates you and some eccentric says that it works.

3. You Miss the Foods You Used to Eat

Mac N' Cheese, Ice Cream, Chocolate, Coffee, Pie, etc. I could go on and on forever.

4. The Poops

If you have any fiber at all it's either a Japanese train or a baseball bat. Both are uncomfortable and messy.

5. People Think You're Just Being Stuck Up

When you tell someone you can't eat something they treat it as a joke and think you're just trying to get more Insta-followers.