5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Okay

5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Okay

Being single is something we all have to deal with and it is okay to be there and stay there for a while.

133
5 Reasons Why Being Single Is Okay
Photo by Alex Blăjan on Unsplash

Being single is something that is tough sometimes, especially right now where it is almost impossible to go meet up with someone to go on a date. But being single does not have to be the end of the world and here is why.

First, you have freedom; that is one thing we all love. When you are single, you have the ability to live your life that you want to live with no one in your way. Well, maybe other than your family. But either way, when making decisions you have the ability to think and do thinks the way you want to. Now that could be as small as you being able to wear what you want when you go out to the bars or as big as moving across the country. But there is no one holding you back from your decision and freedom to choose.

Second, you have the opportunity to discover. Being single is a time when you discover who you are and what you really want in life. So if you are single because you don't know what you want, that is perfectly OKAY! During this time of learning about yourself, you might find you want to do something or move somewhere totally different than you did when you were dating someone. Or as simple as it may seem, you may just find some things out about yourself you never knew before.

Third, you get the chance to grow on your own. Growth is important and you grow differently by who you surround yourself with and what you do with the time on your hands. Through being single you have the opportunity to find out your likes and dislikes about dating by talking to different types of people.

Fourth, you have more time to do the things you want to do. Maybe being single is the time you decide you want to take up art or going to the gym. With the more time you have, you can find new hobbies and areas of interest. You can find your own passion in life whether it is something like being more into fitness or picking up a camera and falling in love with photography. It could even just be as simple as collecting something you love or trying every burger place in town.

Five, it is okay because it is your choice on when to date someone. No one is in charge of who you are going to love and when you are going to choose to love them other than you. When it comes to dating and being single it is important to understand that is normal and completely your choice on timing.

So don't stress about being single, everyone's time comes. You don't have to be dating someone to be happy, so if you're single live your life to fullest and don't back down from your dreams and what you want to do!