5 Reasons Staying In Your Pre-College Relationship Is The Right Choice

It's not as bad as people make it out to be.

725
alexfanikos / Instagram

A lot of people make it out to seem being in a relationship going into college isn't good for you or won't help you make friends. Fortunately, this is not the case for everyone. My boyfriend and I are very happy, and we've been dating since May!

Here's why going into college in a relationship is actually a GOOD thing:

1. You Already Know Someone

You already have someone to comfort you when you're overwhelmed by a new surrounding. Personally, I really needed someone to be there for me. You have someone you trust, which makes it easier to become comfortable at school.

2. You'll Have Twice The Friends

Two friend groups; yours and your S.O's friend group. Since you're associated with them, their friends end up becoming your friends, and your friends become their friends.

3. You Have Someone To Comfort You

No matter if it's 2 p.m. or 2 a.m., they'll pick up the phone to make sure you're alright, and vice versa.

4. You'll Have Some of the Same Classes

If you're lucky enough, like I am, your significant other will major in the same thing as you. So, you have a study buddy on hand. You'll never get bored in classes again!

5. Snuggling!

A little cold? No problem, you've got your S.O. to snuggle with to warm you up. No need for blankets!

A friend told me that going into college while being in a relationship was a bad idea. I was terrified to think about the idea of having my boyfriend at first but, I realized more often than not, it's helpful.