5 Reasons Why We Don't Deserve Dogs

5 Reasons Why We Don't Deserve Dogs

Make them a part of your family, and they'll make you a part of their heart.

87
5 Reasons Why We Don't Deserve Dogs
Huffington Post
"Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole." -- Roger Caras

There is absolutely no better feeling than coming home after a long day and being greeted by a furry little creature that is absolutely in love with you and has the tail wags and excited licks to prove it. From the tiniest chihuahua to the most massive Great Dane and everything in between, dogs are an entity completely unlike anything else. They have the magic to turn a house into a home. They transform tears into cuddles. In a fragile world, they bring the much-needed joy necessary for survival. We make them part of our families, and they make us part of their hearts -- here are five reasons why we don't deserve dogs.

1. You are literally your dog's entire world.

There's a reason why they're referred to as "man's best friend." Your dog would do absolutely anything for you on a completely unconditional basis. When you're gone, all your dog wants is for you to come back because it can't imagine a life without you in it... and when you do finally come back home? Oh man, the excitement shows a loyalty unlike anything else. Your dog loves you so much it's ridiculous.

2. They have great senses of humor.

Okay, so maybe dogs aren't the most conscious of this one, but nevertheless, they're hilarious. Have you ever seen a puppy run and tumble over its own little paws? Or how about a dog being confused about another dog barking on the television and doing that infamously adorable head tilt? And please, if you've never seen a dog using a treadmill, you need to drop everything you're doing right now. We are so undeserving.

3. They make the best, best friends.

And I'm not just talking about being friendly with your friends or family -- dogs are best friends with every single thing with which they come in contact. Dogs are ready to play at a moment's notice with anybody and anything, no hesitation necessary. Not to mention the fact that you always have a buddy around anytime you're just lounging around at home. Dependability is definitely the mark of a great friend, and dogs have that down pat.

4. They are completely shameless.

There have been scientific studies to suggest that dogs can feel basic emotions such as happiness, sadness, agitation and guilt, but embarrassment has never been proven. Regardless, even if dogs do feel embarrassment, they sure do not let us humans see it. A dog is not afraid to be fierce even at its lowest moments, such as wearing a bright pink tutu or looking like a soaking wet rat after a bath. They are flawless and they totally know it. We could learn a lot from their freedom.

5. Every single thing your dog does is to celebrate your existence.

You got that big promotion at work? Oh, cool, your dog is just proud of you for existing today! There are no stipulations, your dog seeks to show you how excited it is that you are a living, breathing human on a daily basis. Anytime a dog drops a toy at your feet, it is giving you a prize for simply being you. It loves that you are in its life, and it will try its absolute hardest to show you that with every slobbery kiss and warm snuggle.

We are totally undeserving of all the love and unconditional affection of dogs... so go give your dog a big treat and a hug, because they deserve it!