5 Reasons To Celebrate Your Birthday in College

Some of your craziest memories come from your time spent in college.

178
We Share Pics

Some people say that as you get older you shouldn't make a big deal out of your birthday, but that just seems so incredibly boring to me. IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY! It is significant! You should always celebrate it no matter what age you are. BUT you should ALWAYS celebrate your birthday when you are in college. Why, you may ask? Well here are a few reasons...

1. You are FREE

You are finally on your own! You can celebrate however you want, wherever you want, with whoever you want! If you want to sit in your bathtub with a cake and your cat, YOU CAN. If you want to go out with all of your friends and party all night long, YOU CAN. The possibilities are endless. Grandma is not there to give you her yearly speech about how old you are getting and what you need to do next in life, YOU ARE FREE! There are no more themed parties that are exactly three hours long and have a certain schedule of events for you to follow, you can literally do anything you want. You don't even have to invite everyone in the class anymore (goodbye to that nightmare) because it is no longer a matter of being fair and nice, it is a matter of who YOU want there and who YOU want to celebrate with!

2. You can celebrate all MONTH!

You hear about people saying "It's my birthday month" or "it's my birthday week" but you never really see them doing anything to celebrate it until their birthday actually comes around. In college you're busy, your class schedule is a mess and let's be real the rest of your life probably isn't spotless either, so you have to spread things out. One weekend you get to party it up with the family, the next your hometown friends, the following your new college friends, and finally you just party because you're in college so why not celebrate something instead of focus on the fact that you are well in college and extremely busy and for most of us just flat out stressed.

3. Let's be real -- you need the cash

Don't get me wrong birthdays are not all about the money and the gifts but when you are in college with limited time to work and an increased stress eating diet, you do what you can to get by. I mean come on easy mac and leftover pizza is great but sometimes it is nice to have a little bit more of a variety which leads me to my next point.

4. Think about all of the FREE food

Birthday's are an excuse to go out to dinner and like I said in reason number two you are probably going to celebrate all month. If you are in college you know food is definitely in the top five priorities (right behind, for some in front of, sleep) so why not take advantage of the fact that your family is probably willing to take you out to a (free) dinner? Maybe you are even blessed with amazing friends who are willing to take you out and take care of the check too. Who knows how much free food you can acquire that month but you should definitely find out!

5. Because it is simply a GOOD time

Let's be honest this should be reason number one but hey I have to have some kind of build up and awesome finish. Just because you're getting older does not mean you are getting any less fun! College is one of the most party filled times of your life so why not throw in a little birthday bash? You are surrounded by people who want to have a good time ALL THE TIME so why not just make one of those times in honor of you, you definitely deserve it! You work your butt off to get those grades and lose sleep to get those assignments in on time. Take some time off and let yourself relax and enjoy a fun night(s) with family and/or friends.

Some of your craziest memories come from your time spent in college so remind me again why you don't want to celebrate your birthday?