5 Facts You Need To Know for Every House Party At FAMU

A survival guide.

353
Cine Files

As many students across the nation embark on their college journey there are various things they will experience. Saturday night football games, 8 a.m.'s and other activities to mark their right of passage onto campus. Experiencing house parties will be among them. When attending house parties at FAMU, here a few things to keep in mind before, during, and after the party:

1. Yes, it is hot.

When you have a room full of people gyrating and doing whatever dance moves they can think of, it is going to be hot. No amount of air conditioner, fans, or anything else is going to stop that. So, screaming “It’s hot in here!” is not going to help your case just bear with it and try not to spend too much time on hair and makeup cause it will be ruined at the end of the night.

2. Stay out of the ‘Ring of Fire’

The ring of fire is the circle in which a female is liable to be picked up by another male when the ‘let’s get freaky’ part of the house party is in full effect. I call it the ring of the fire because when the first victim is chosen, the crowd forms a circle to give room for the action that is about to take place, and that circle is also where the next victim will be chosen. Avoid the ring of fire at all costs, unless you want a lap/floor dance then by all means get in there.

3. When Greeks move, you move just like that

Every fraternity/ sorority has their own that they will proudly stroll too at any given moment no matter how small or big the house party. If you see a greek stroll starting to form move; do not collect pass go, do not collect $200. Just get out of the way because they will not hesitate to shove, kick, hit anything that is in the way of their line.

4. Free juice/ chicken all night… does not mean all night

One of the incentives to get people to attend house parties are free juice and food all night. However, by all night they really mean while supplies last because the food is going to run out as soon as it handed out, (if it gets passed out because there will be the occasional party that doesn’t start cooking until the party stops which equates to the food never being done). The beverages most likely won’t get distributed until midnight and will be gone within as the hour because as mentioned above it’s hotter than the devil’s toenails inside.

5. Over capacity is real

The best house parties are most likely the ones with way too many people inside of the house. Just know that you may be: stepped on, pushed, shoved, grabbed, bumped into and drinks will spill on you. Don’t have an attitude, don’t cry, just don’t wear your newest Jordan’s or your cleanest shoes because they will get dirty.