5 Makeup Products You Should Invest In This Year

Treat yo'self.

29

Out of all the makeup that I've tried over the years, I've finally discovered the select products that I will use until my last day on Earth. If you're trying to figure out how to revamp your makeup arsenal with products that actually work and do a fantastic job, then I have some suggestions.

Here are five of my favorite makeup items that you should invest in this year.

1. The Naked palettes: $54

Urban Decay's Naked palette's are incredible. I have the Naked 2 and the Naked 3 (but the Naked 3 is way better for my eye color/skin tone). If you want an eye shadow that stays and looks great for hours on end, I 100 percent recommend these products. They're expensive, at about $54 a pop, but they last so long and the results speak for themselves. You get exactly what you pay for and you'll be thrilled with the results.

2. Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer: $22

When I say this is hands down the BEST concealer I've ever owned, I mean it. It's great for full coverage and it lasts the entire day. It comes in this small little tube and looks like it won't last more than a few months, but let me tell you, this stuff lasts a life time. I've had the same tube of concealer for TWO YEARS and am just starting to run out of it. I use this stuff every single day and it still lasted two years. For $22 at Ulta stores, it seems expensive, but you'd pay way more than $22 to keep replacing a drug store concealer. It's definitely worth the investment!

3. Lorac Pro Countour Palette: $45

Contouring is my favorite past time on the planet. I'm pretty sure they're going to add contouring to the list of new Olympic sports in the near future and your girl over here is going to win the gold. This contour palette is great for a wide range of skin types and comes with a high quality contour brush which saves you a lot of $$$. It has highlight and contour shades that complete any look AND it comes with a pamphlet of how to apply the contour in the right places for your specific face shape. It's a great palette for beginners and experts alike.

4. Dose of Colors Liquid to Matte Lipstick: $18

For some people, lipstick is a staple in their makeup routine, and for others, it seems like a daunting task. I'm one of those people who goes absolutely nuts over a great lipstick. Matte lips are very popular right now, but unfortunately some matte lipsticks don't do the job. They can be very drying and some don't last long and need constant re-applying. Dose of Colors is a great product because your lips get that amazing matte finish and the color stays the entire day. I put on the shade "Truffle" yesterday at 2PM and I went shopping, out to eat, and drank copious amounts of alcohol with friends and by 12AM my lip color had not faltered. It's just plain wonderful and you all need to get some.

5. NYX mascara. $5.99

Some people are blessed with long, luscious lashes that create gusts of wind every time they blink. Others, are not so fortunate. I've tried for years to find a mascara that lengthens and adds volumes to my lashes without clumping and I was getting more and more frustrated until I discovered mascara by NYX. NYX has high quality products for really low prices. I use Le Frou Frou for length and I top it off with Stacked for volume. The results are amazing and I'll probably never buy expensive mascara ever again.