How It Can Be Beneficial To Know The Five Love Languages

The Significance Behind The 5 Love Languages

"If you know your love language, then you're able to know what you value most in a relationship."

611

This past semester I took a class for the reason of it being an "easy A." The class was called Love and Marriage, and it was very interactive and self-reflexive. It required me to think about and evaluate what's important to me in a relationship, and what I value. There was a lot of discussion put into the "5 Love Languages," and it turns out they're definitely something important to consider in a romantic relationship.

The Five Love Languages are essentially the 5 different ways of expressing to someone that you care for them and love them. The 5 Love Languages are Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts Of Service, and Physical Touch.

So why is knowing your Love Language important? Or knowing your partner's? It's simple; If you know your love language, then you're able to know what you value most in a relationship. The same goes for knowing your partner's Love Language; if you know what you do that makes them feel secure, content, and loved, then you'll want to do just that to keep the relationship happy and refreshing. Whether it be the thoughtful things you say to them, the time you spend together and dates you go on, the little gifts you surprise them with, the favors you do for them to show you care, or the gentle touches and intimacy you provide, if you know which of these your partner values the most then you just figured out the key to making them feel happy and loved by you - and who doesn't want to feel loved or make their partner feel loved?

Now that I've explained the Love Languages and mentioned what the five Love Languages are, you're probably thinking that you know your Love Language right off the bat. When first hearing of the Love Languages I thought the same as well but it wasn't until actually taking an official 5 Love Languages test that I realized I was wrong. I learned my Love Language was Words Of Affirmation meaning that what I value most is words that provide me with reassurance such as "I love you" as well as compliments, and other kind words. Of course, this doesn't mean that the other Love Languages don't matter to me in a relationship, I value my quality time with my partner as well as his acts of service. They say it is possible to have multiple Love Languages, which is why if you think you know your Love Language, I challenge you to explore the Love Languages even further.

I highly encourage anyone reading this to take the official 5 Love Languages test below and even give it to your partner to see what you both value in your relationship the most. I truly believe knowing what yourself and your partner appreciate and knowing what is most important to the both of you is the key to a successful and loving relationship. Of course, you can have a healthy, strong relationship without knowing this information but it can't hurt and may make your relationship even stronger. Knowing your partner's Love Language allows you to know how to show your partner you love them; And in return, if your partner knows your Love Language then they know what makes you feel the most loved and valued by them and they might even start doing it more often.