5 Healthy Fast-Food Meals That You Need To Try
food

Cooking can be time-consuming, but fast-food can be extremely detrimental to your health and overall mood.

242
https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-q-and-a-choosing-colorful-healthy-foods/
Photo by riii on Unsplash

Many people resort to fast-food for its convenience and non-detrimental prices, but most popular menu choices completely neglect your health and nutrition. If you're always on-the-go and find yourself feeling forced to betray your diet, consider these healthier fast food options that won't leave you feeling remorse.

Grilled nuggets at Chick-fil-A starting at just $3.

I know many people would absolutely scream at the idea of ordering grilled chicken at THE Chick-fil-A, but this meal is actually much better tasting than you'd expect. The grilled nuggets are marinated in garlic and tossed in other savory seasonings that will have you coming back for more. Eight of these nuggets are only 140 calories, 3.5g of fat and 2g of carbs! (For comparison, their regular fried nuggets are 260 calories, 12g of fat, and 9g of carbs- yikes!)

The Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap at Chick-fil-A $5.55

This hidden treasure on Chick-fil-A's menu is a fresh and light alternative to the traditional 1000 calorie fried chicken sandwich. This wrap is served on a flax-seed flour flatbread will leave you feeling satisfied and ready to take on your day. This healthy option turns out to be only 350 calories and 37 grams of protein.

Zaxby's Grilled Caesar Zalad- $6.99

Zaxby's Zalads are easily the most underrated choice on their menu. These salads are loaded with toppings which overflow out of a large bowl- leaving you full for hours! All of their salads are healthier than a Nibblerz Meal, but the healthiest salad on the menu is easily the Grilled Caesar Zalad. They offer the option to have your salad with fried chicken instead of grilled, but if you're ordering a salad you might as well go with the healthier route. The Grilled Chicken Caesar Zalad is only 440 calories and even less if you request it without bacon!

The Blueberry Bliss Smoothie at Tropical Smoothie Cafe- $3.99

Don't be fooled by healthily-advertised smoothie places, not all of their sweet fruity drinks are decently healthy for you, but this one is! Like many of their other drinks, Blueberry Bliss can be made into a healthier meal if you request to substitute Splenda for honey. Blueberry Bliss is my personal favorite smoothie at Tropical Smoothie because it is only 340 calories and can be the perfect post-workout meal if honey and vegan protein powder are added! Many of Tropical Smoothie's refreshments are mouth-watering, but be sure to try out my all-time favorite- Blueberry Bliss.

Starbuck's Egg White Bites- $4.45

This light and healthy breakfast is a healthier option to energize your body to take on the day. Starbucks' egg whites contain less fat than an egg with yolk and are flavorful and fulfilling. This savory breakfast is only 170 calories with 7grams of fat, so don't be afraid to pair it with an apple to really fill you up!

When you're in a hurry and feeling tempted to opt for fried food or skip a meal altogether, consider trying these healthy fast-food options which will leave you feeling energized and satisfied. There's not much to dislike about delicious meals all under $10!