5 Great Resources for Mental Health Awareness Month

End the Stigma, Make a difference

102

For many the month of May is a time when exams end, graduation happens, summer vacation starts and people hope to have fun and enjoy the freedom and great weather. But more importantly, the month of May is Mental Health Awareness Month . Check out some great resources below to learn more, get involved and even help someone you know.

1. Mental Health America

They have a variety of tool kits for individuals and organizations. You can find helpful info on their page , including videos and a downloadable copy of their toolkit.

2. National Alliance of Mental Illness

They have tons of resources and information on their website including a pledge to help end the stigma, a place to share your story, ways to get involved and so much more!

3. The National Council's Mental Health Page

Their website contains some great resources, including graphics and statistics and even helps you to find a provider in your area.

4. American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

They have a great video on their website about using the latest Netflix hit " 13 Reasons Why " as a teachable moment and customized resources for people in all different positions of life.

5. To Write Love on Her Arms

Many people know this organization after Supernatural star Jared Padalecki announced his Always Keep Fighting Campaign . In addition to this they have amazing resources, a movie about the organization, several books by the founder and other original members, and even internships for college students or recent grads.