5 Funny Similarities In Hallmark Christmas Movies

While they may be cheesy, cookie-cutter movies, they sure do get you in the holiday spirit!

378
Fandom

What's the Christmas season without some cheesy Christmas movies? If you're someone that needs to indulge in a silly movie now and again, you may find yourself spending a lot of time on the Hallmark Channel, especially during this time of year. While Hallmark movies are fun and certainly not meant to be looked at critically, I couldn't help but notice how every Christmas movie seemed to be a nearly carbon copy of the others. With quite a lot of funny and random similarities, I thought it would be fun to take a look at 5 different similarities that nearly all of these movies seem to have.

1. It's ALWAYS snowing

As a person born and raised in Northern New Jersey, I think it is safe to say that I have seen my fair share of snow throughout my life. However, I have never seen the amount of snow that seems to be present in these Hallmark movie towns. It doesn't matter if they're in Alaska, Ohio or anywhere else, it seems that it is snowing nearly 24/7.

2. There's always someone who hates Christmas.

Whether it's our leading lady or her soon to be love interest, there's always one Grinch amongst the extremely Christmas obsessed Hallmark movie characters. Usually it's either our leading lady or her soon to be love interest who just cannot find their Christmas spriit. Of course, by the end of the movie they embrace the holiday spirit and leave their Scroogey ways in the past.

3. There's always a dead spouse or family member

While this one is quite sad, it seems to be a plot point in nearly every one of these movies Many of the main characters of these movies seem to be grappling with the death of a parent. Those who were lucky enough to escape this plight are rather suffering the loss of a spouse. If the main character isn't dealing with these issues, generally their potential love interest is.

4. The main character is always a driven business woman

I never knew that business women had so many exciting Christmas related adventures. If Hallmark movies bear any truth for the real world, it seems that they definitely do. Pick up any one of these movies and you're almost sure to begin your Hallmark journey with a hardworking woman just before the holidays.

5. There's always a happy ending

Of course, after all of the Christmas-related turmoil subsides there is always plenty of cheer to go around. I can't think of any Hallmark movies that end on anything other than a perfectly happy note. While these movies may be sappy, I personally think they are lots of fun and can definitely help you get into that Christmas spirit.