5 Things We Forget We Are Thankful For

5 Things We Forget We Are Thankful For

A time we can reflect and be thankful for all of the amazing gifts we have been given throughout the whole year
2

It's Thanksgiving and the time of year when we stuff our face with calorie dense food and celebrate the love of family. It's a time we can reflect and be thankful for all of the amazing gifts we have been given throughout the whole year. Typically, every year, my family goes around the table and says something we are extremely thankful for from this year.

Of course, the most common things we are thankful for are our families, friends, pets and our faith; but, we often forget these 5 things to be thankful for.

1. Education

We are so lucky to live in a country where education is a privilege! There are so many children in other countries who are denied the opportunity to learn. We have the ability to read and pursue our dream careers, all because as United States citizens, we are granted the right to learn.

2. Dressing accordingly to the weather

Around the world, some countries are not as lucky to put on a heavy snow jacket when it's cold or shorts and tank tops when it gets hot in the summer. We have the ability to chose what we wear, based off our own personal style, and dress for whatever weather is coming our way.

3. The Internet

Living in the US is awesome because we are a progressive nation, we get to stay ahead of the time and hop online to google, watch tv or play on our social media accounts.

4. Our sense of smell

We can enjoy the aroma of our favorite foods, beautiful flowers and a clean house.

5. Yourself

You've been given the beautiful gift of life and made perfectly imperfect in the image of God. Nowadays self-criticism comes so much easier than self-praise and it's important to love yourself and everything that goes along with it.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and don't forget to count your blessings everyday, big or small!