How To Throw An Inexpensive Halloween Party

Of all the holiday parties you can throw, Halloween parties have the potential to be the most exciting. Costumes, decorations, treats — there are a million ways to make it fun.

If you love hosting like I do, you'll want to throw the best party you can...without breaking the bank.

It seems impossible, but it's not — if you budget correctly and plan in advance, you can throw a memorable Halloween party all your friends will love, without spending too much. If you're creative, you can make a little go a long way.

So, what do you do?

Here are five ways to limit your spending and save this season:

1. Keep the Snacks Simple

Photo by Lori L. Stalteri on Flickr

Don't waste money on expensive treats. Make your own — melt white chocolate and add a little food coloring to coat pretzels, marshmallows, popcorn and more!

2. Go to the Dollar Store

Photo by Mike Mozart on Flickr

The dollar store is your friend. You won't find everything there, but chances are you'll find most of your decorations and supplies unless you're looking for really niche stuff. From tablecloths and paper plates to festive garlands, the dollar store will have all the essentials.

3. Skip the Drinks

pxhere

You don't need alcohol to have fun, so skip it! It's an unnecessary expense.

4. Make Your Own Costume

Photo by flopes photos on Flickr

No, you don't have to break out the sewing machine. By buying pieces you'll wear again, or using items already in your closet, to complete a look (I'm going for a DIY Veronica Sawyer costume) you can save major money.

5. Choose Easy Decorations

Not all of your decorations need to be expensive or elaborate. If you carve pumpkins, try to incorporate those into your decor. Get colored light bulbs to change the atmosphere of your home, or find easy Halloween crafts on Pinterest you can use to decorate.

Good luck!