The 5 Best Parts Of A Long Distance Relationship

Long distance is hard, but maybe the people who are in them are some of the strongest people.

275

Everyone says long distance does not work, others say that it's too hard. Before you go, if you find yourself falling for someone who lives far away, what's the hurt in trying... Who knows? Maybe you'll find your best friend, your love, your partner.

1. If You Can Survive Distance, You Can Survive Anything 

https://pixabay.com/en/hands-love-couple-together-fingers-437968/

One of the reasons people break up in long distance relationships is because not having their physical person with them while they go to meetings, class, stress, job transfers, travel and more makes it difficult. However, being able to overcome all those little issues, the time differences, and keeping up with each other's lives is one of the strongest parts of a long distance relationship. If you and your person can handle those stresses, nothing else could hurt you. The emotional connection of a long distance relationship is the strongest element.

2. You Learn How to Communicate 

https://pixabay.com/en/pair-autumn-evening-sun-nature-3798371/

Long distance may be hard, but it might teach you how to communicate in the best way. For people who are physically with each other often, having a "real" conversation could be more difficult for them. Setting aside time to talk to your significant other over Facetime prioritizes their emotions and allows for the opportunity to have a heart-to-heart, while also communicating affection better. Due to the distance, this type of relationship will have more meaningful conversations.

3. Independent but Dependent 

https://pixabay.com/en/people-walking-city-urban-knapsack-1031169/

In a relationship where the people are always together, sometimes they get lost in it. Have you ever had a friend that stops hanging out with your group entirely, or always talks about their significant other all the time? For a long distance couple, the two people have to be independent because they live far away from each other. This situation allows for an opportunity for each person to continue pursuing their goals, maintaining their personality and social life, all while having a strong relationship.

4. Great Planners 

https://pixabay.com/en/old-retro-antique-vintage-classic-1130743/

Because long distance requires communication, it goes hand-in-hand with planning. Time management is important to allot a part of your day to have a meaningful conversation with your other half. In addition, if you both watch Netflix, study, or spend time together on FaceTime, you both need to work together to plan out your day individually and then your day together. Over time, planning will become second nature for the both of you.

5. Adventures Never Stop

https://pixabay.com/en/digital-art-artwork-together-couple-398342/

Long distance couples know the meaning of memories and the important of time more than most couples. When visiting each other, there are tons of adventures and dates in store for your "mini-vacation." Showing each other the hot spots of the cities, or taking a mini trip together to a new place are all options with excitement and good memories.

Long distance relationships are not easy, but if you find yourself falling for someone far away, don't be afraid to dive head first and try it out. You can learn a lot about yourself and the other person through it.