5 Artists You Should Listen to Right Now

These 5 artists all boast witty lyrics and great flow.

4
Flickr

1. Topaz Jones

Topaz Jones, a graduate of the Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music program at New York University, is one of my favorite rappers. He has great flow and has the ability to make both fun songs and songs that comment on heavier topics. 2 of his songs that are must-listens are "Tropicana" and "Coping Mechanism."

2. Marc E Bassy

I could listen to Marc E Bassy's smooth vocals and infectious beats and melodies forever. His smooth vocals are perfect for R&B and pull you in from the first note. His EP, "Groovy People," from 2016 is a work of art. Even though he is a singer, not a rapper, I like to think that he has flow as good as some of my favorite rappers. When Marc E Bassy sings, it just sounds effortless. You should definitely check out "Subway Car" and "Show Me."

3. Kehlani

I love Kehlani's voice for the same reasons that I love Marc E Bassy's. Her smooth R&B vocals are versatile. She has the ability to emote in slower, more heartfelt songs like "Hold Me By the Heart," but also asserts her independence in songs like "Did I." With a Grammy nomination already under her belt, Kehlani has huge things ahead of her in her music career.

4. Marian Hill

Marian Hill is a duo made up of vocalist Samantha Gongol and producer Jeremy Lloyd. Samantha's pop vocals and Jeremy's beats meld perfectly together to create a unique electronic sound. Every song on their most recent album "ACT ONE" is well constructed and thought out. However, my favorite songs of theirs are their single with Lauren Jauregui, "Back To Me," and "Got It" from their EP "Sway."

5. Logic

Logic's flawless flow and poetic lyrics make him my favorite rapper. The amount of effort he puts into his music is evident from his extremely clever lyrics and the fact that he takes the time to make concept albums. His concept albums give the listener a story to follow and his skits bring some humor. Definitely give a listen to "Till the End," "Deeper Than Money," and the skit "A Word from Our Sponsor."