We're at a weird age where everyone is telling us to “live it up” and to be “young and reckless” because these are the best years of our lives, but were also being told to change our childish ways, take more responsibility, and start planning for our future.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could grow up without all the responsibility and stress of adulthood? At least mastering these skills will be one less thing to stress about when transitioning into the scary world of adulthood.
1. Start to save!
2. Learn how to budget & balance your bank account
3. Have a professional resume
4. & don't forget that includes getting some work & professional interview experience.
5. Get involved in your community
6. Understand your car
jump start your car, change your tire, and pump gas because even something like not putting your gas cap on correctly could make your dashboard's engine light on.
7. How to do Laundry... correctly
8. SOS sewing skills
because nothing's worse than when your favorite pair of pants get a rip, or a button flies off at the wrong time... (It happens to the best of us)
9. Have style
Figure out what colors & styles of clothes works best with your look, and be confident in what you wear because #SLAYGURL
10. Basic Cooking
For when you have guests or just need a quick & healthy meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
11. & How to make a kick-ass dessert
Because who doesn't love dessert.
12. How to make a (good) cocktail
Like a long island iced tea, mojito, mimosa, margarita
13. How to drink responsibly
14. Understand how different Alcohols affect you differently
15. Best cures to a hangover
16. Understand & Maintain a healthy diet
17.Stay fit and active
18. Practice a positive & healthy mentality
Start looking at the glass half full :)
19. Manage stress in healthy ways
20. Time management
So you aren't always running to every class, interview, job or social event, which will help you stay calm and all together.
21. Plan ahead
Planning and organizing all of your work, events, appointments, and errands into a planner will help you keep your life together.
22. Procrastinate Productively
So even when you are procrastinating one thing, you are accomplishing another thing on your to-do list.
23. How to confidently say No
Whether it be a co-worker needing help on his workload, arguments or favors in relationships, family, or strangers. Don't feel bad for not wanting to do something, that you don't want to do.
24. Be unapologetic and honest with your opinions
In a world where everyone is trying to convince you what opinions and beliefs you have you should be able to stay true to yours while being able to voice it.
25. Respect other people as well as their opinions and beliefs
Even when it differs from yours.
26. How to balance friendships, relationships, and family
27. & How to get rid of those toxic ones, without feeling guilty
28. Establish your girl gang
Cause these are the ladies that will be your future bridesmaids
29. How to be single & thrive on your own
30. How to get over someone
31. Be able to network well by maintaining your composure, conversation, and eye contact with just about anyone
32. How to be less awkward with flirting
33. Be able to get ready in 10 minutes
Because sometimes you hit snooze a few too many times
34. Master the art of a quick change
Whether it's in an office or a car
35. & Put makeup in the car
When you’re running late from place to place
36. The magic of taking your bra off without taking your shirt off when you get home from a long day
37. How to take care of something or someone other than yourself
Maybe start with taking care of a fish, or your favorite pair of shoes
38. Do what you love
Because if you love your major or job, you'll never have to work a day in your life
39. Understand politics & VOTE!
40. Understand & Maintain your body
Know what foods, drinks, medicine & products affect you and your body and be able to maintain good body health and self-care with vitamins, nail care, skin care, and hair care.