- *Walks into store* I. Am. Overwhelmed.
- How on planet Earth will I find anything in this store, let alone the dress I need?
- Okay, I’m in here for a formal dress, right? Or maybe two formal dresses?
- Onward, I am not here to look for night-out apparel that will literally rip before I get to my destination.
- Dresses, dresses, I’m here to look at dresses.
- But this would be perfect for recruitment, right?
- Oh, look! A sports section! There’s even Lakers and Bulls apparel. I can now be relatable to sports themed parties hollerrrrrrr!
- So. Much. Mesh. Sportswear.
- This neon workout shirt seems pointless, but it’s just so likely that there’s going to be a workout theme or a neon theme one of these days. I’ll at least try it on.
- The best part of all this is, I could literally leave this attire in a fraternity formal trash can and not grieve the loss, because hey, it was under $10.
- Honestly, why would anyone wear any of these graphic tanks? I’m pretty sure these French quotes would not make any sense if translated.
- Look! This blazer would be perfect for meeting! Let’s be real, I’m not going to shell out all my money on J.Crew business attire when I could be using that money on late night queso.
- Speaking of queso, I’m hungry. Let’s get this show on the road and try on some clothes.
- *Walks up to dressing room* This line to try on these clothes is literally longer than the line to get into college football games...
- I mean, I don’t reallllly need to try these things on, right?
- Hurry up, people! My arm is literally about to fall off from waiting this long!
- Are you kidding me?! You can only bring six items in? Does Forever 21 aim to create the longest dressing room line possible?
- *Starts to try things on* Woof. Who would look good in this? I would actually get a public indecency ticket for wearing this in public
- Yup, this isn’t going to fit over my butt.
- Annnnnnnnd another top that wouldn’t even look good on Kendall Jenner #blessed.
- Finally, a dress that fits! Now, I just have to decide what event to wear it to!
- Is this more fraternity formal material, date party material, or sorority formal material? Eh, I’ll figure it out later.
- *Exits dressing room* Now that I’ve cleared my arms of most of the clothes, let’s load them back up with accessories!
- OMG they have hair bows in every color for only $2.80. I NEED FIVE.
- There are so many America accessories and there’s always USA themed events, so that clearly justifies this red white and blue bow, headband and sunglasses.
- I could start wearing jewelry to class this year, right? I mean, it doesn’t take that much effort to layer some necklaces. Plus, when they’re only $5 each, it’s worth a try.
- Maybe I could even be one of those girls who reps midi rings, how trendy!
- Imaginary trendsetter time is over, let’s make our way to checkout.
- Sunglasses are only $5.80 and I lose a pair a week, clearly I need to restock.
- Ok, ok, now I’m actually done, checkout here I come.
- *Sees checkout line* Hell Nope.
- *Going through aggressively long checkout line* Who in the world falls for these check out items? I mean, come on. This “Home Decor” section is worse than Limited Too’s (RIP every tween’s dream store).
- Why are there a million check-out stations but only two cashiers? Does Forever 21 afford to have these cheap prices because they are so understaffed?
- Only one shopper in left before I’m up, the anticipation is real.
- YES I’M UP!
- *Cashier starts ringing up pieces* Well… this is more than expected, but at least I got that formal dress I needed.
- *Hands over card* Instant doubt, instant doubt.
- I need to get out of the store before regret starts kicking in over that 3rd hair bow.
- *Strolls out of Forever 21 with slight grimace but also sense of accomplishment*
- Okay, this is good! Look at me; I got all I needed and then some! I’m not over the top, I’m just over prepared!! *Walks out somehow prepped for two themed parties that may never happen, jewelry that will turn hands green, and finally, if lucky, the dress that was actually needed*
40 Thoughts Every Sorority Girl Has While Shopping At Forever 21
Aug 11, 2015
Because every girl has to face The Beast at one point in her Greek career