10 Things Things That Happened After Being In A Sorority For Four Weeks

I can't wait to see what to see what the future holds.

917
Personal Photo

About four weeks ago, I was initiated into my sorority. It's only been four weeks...

1. I've made so many friends.

Some people accuse Greek life as being a way for you to pay for your friends, which I can see the accusation behind that. However, being in a sorority has allowed me the opportunity to talk to so many people I would have probably never connected with if I didn't have our sorority as our conversation starter.

2. I've gotten to eat good food.

The dining hall definitely gets old! Thankfully we get to go to the house for meals and get a break from that grossness. My favorite meal so far has been make-your-own pizza night with ice cream sundaes.

3. I've had so many laughs.

Having fun with your friends will probably lead to a laugh or two. We've definitely had some funny moments and have good stories to tell.

4. I've already cried a river.

Everyone who knows me knows I'm the biggest ball of emotions, so I cry all the time. For some reason, senior nights/ senior "last time" anything really gets the tears falling out of me.

5. I've been put out of my comfort zone.

The first night of chapter, initiation itself, literally everything. I'm not very good at doing things that I've never done before, and change really scares me. These fears are ones that I've definitely had to challenge as I start something new.

6. I've felt like I belong.

Everyone has taken the new members under their wing, and so many people have made me genuinely feel as if I belong in this house. Knowing that people value you and actually want to be around you is such a genuine feeling.

7. I've found a place to make a change.

Besides our philanthropy events, which will obviously impact many people, I knew I wanted to personally be a part of something to make a difference. Taking on a leadership role will give me the opportunity to not only better myself but also make a difference to my sorority.

8. I've learned what a smile can do.

There are so many people that I'll see on campus and think "I know we're sisters, but I've never talked to you before" I feel awkward saying hi because I'm afraid to be ignored, so I usually just smile at them. Recently, I've been told that people appreciate me smiling at them on campus and that it's brightened their day. Even the slightest impact is something I'm proud I can make.

9. I now have a house to live in next year.

I've heard that living in a sorority house is going to be the strangest yet most fun thing I will do in college, and I'm super excited to live in next year!

10. I'm excited for what the future has in store.

I know there are so many memories to be made, laughs to be shared, tears to fall, and opportunities for me to grow. Initiation was the first page in this next chapter of my life.