4 things procrastinators can relate to

4 things procrastinators can relate to

Do you wait till the last minute to do everything and then feel sorry for yourself because you're so stressed out? Me too! Check out my article to see if you can relate!

22
4 things procrastinators can relate to

,1) Stressing over the most minor task:

You were assigned to read a 30 page reading a week ago, and every single day you told yourself, "I'll just do that tomorrow, it's only 35 pages"... Next thing you know, it's 3 am the night before the reading is due, you have a quiz on that reading in your 10 am class the next morning, and you can't even keep your eyes open long enough to read a sentence- plus you know that since it's now 3 am, there's no way you're waking up early to really get a grip on this reading for the quiz.... Yep, it's the oldest story in the book! Procrastinators have a nasty habit of leaving simple things off longer because of the fact that they're so simple, only to then lead them to the stress as if it were an 8 page paper.

2) Watching your friends get to go out to the bars on weekdays while you go out to the library:

Whether it's dollar beer Tuesdays, ladies night Wednesdays, or simply Thirsty Thursday's- this is college, and when people don't have any work to do, or they properly got their work done in the beginning of the day or (wow!) shortly after it was assigned, they sometimes will find themselves at the bar! However, since you are a procrastinator, you will find yourself in the library getting the assignment that is due tomorrow, done. I am actually sitting in the library getting my assignments due tomorrow done now while 2 of my suite-mates / friends go to ladies night. It's a hard knock life for us procrastinators, right?

3) Getting absolutely no sleep:

I can't even count the amount of times that I have woken up from getting a good 5 hours of sleep, saying "man, I am going straight to the library after class, getting all of my work done, and getting a good night's sleep tonight!" and whaddya know? My butts on the futon watching Friends till 10 at night and then running to my books at promptly 10:30 to start my homework. What else is new? Most procrastinators are up until about 3 A.M. every night doing homework, not always because we have just that much homework and studying, but because we waited too long to do it. Sometimes I'm done by 2 A.M... When I could have been done by 6 P.M. if I had just started my homework at 3... but, No Sleep November.. and December... and every day of the year... Yeah, let's go with that.

4) Your friends constantly getting mad at you for complaining about your workload:

My roommate yells at me every single time I say, "oh my gosh, I have SO much work and reading to do later!" Her response usually is something along the lines of, "so why are you sitting here on your phone and not doing it?" Well, funny story... you see, my procrastination simply will not let my body start any work until it's so late that I will be stressed out while completing the process. It's not my fault, I swear!