4 Reasons You Should Use Coconut Oil

4 Reasons You Should Use Coconut Oil

There's plenty more reasons to use coconut oil, but these four are good to start!

13
4 Reasons You Should Use Coconut Oil
neworganics.com

There seems to be more and more little creations made for sub-categories such as face cream, eye cream, body cream — why not all one cream? Or hair treatments to make the "do" less frizzy, another to add shine, one more to get rid of dandruff, again isn't there something to combat it all? What if I told you there was, and not just on thing for the face or the hair but for both and much more like reducing cellulite, using in place of butter or cooking sprays — something that is not toxic and safe enough to eat? The answer is coconut oil: the crème de la crème of basically all foods, oils, and beauty products. It's my secret weapon and the great thing is that it has so many uses. I've listed my first four uses for it below.

1. Lotion

Hand lotion, face lotion, foot lotion - coconut oil can work for all of this (just don't apply the coconut oil to the face and the feet at the same time). An added benefit is that it smells so good, I mean if you like the smell of coconuts that is! Which means that it can double as a perfume if you're really into that scent, (which I am).

2. Make-Up Remover

Sleeping with your make-up on is a huge no-no. It's bad for the skin, ruins your pillow cases and is not a nice look the morning after. It's annoying to have to buy something to take off the make-up you spent so much time putting on but coconut oil isn't just a make-up remover, it has several different uses, so it's more justifiable to spend money on. It's gentle enough to use around the eyes but strong enough to wipe off the waterproof make-up!

3. Metabolism Booster

Coconut oil is made up of mostly medium chain fatty-acids, making it much different from other fats that are polyunsaturated fats. Coconut oil is also thermogenic, which means that after eating it your body expends more energy from the fat. So adding coconut oil to your diet is definitely a must, as you can use it to replace cooking spray and other oils. I love mixing coconut oil into my smoothies and tea or putting it on top of bread or even my vegetables and popcorn to give it that extra flavor!

4. Everything Hair

Frizzy hair? Itchy scalp? Dry Hair? Tangles and knots? Need a heat protectant? Lice prevention? Push aside all of your products and use coconut oil. It can be used as a shampoo and conditioner in the shower, as a hair mask prior to showering, or as a leave-in hair product after showering. Hair of all races can use coconut oil and it doesn't ruin dyed or color treated hair! It also doesn't strip any natural chemicals and add unwanted chemicals like most hair products do.

There are plenty more uses for coconut oil, but this is good to start. You can eliminate loads of products by just buying one that is natural and chemical free. Coconut oil is my one stop product. I can eat it, cook with it, and put it on my body. I even feed it to my dog - that's when you know I trust it!