4 Places To Go This Summer In Carrollton

Some hidden gems of Carrollton for the summer.

22
Flickr

Every summer when I am in Carrollton, I notice that the West Georgia campus is completely deserted with the handful of students taking summer classes. People will gripe about nothing to do in Carrollton over the summer since the majority of the college students are gone. With this being my sixth summer in this town, I have some fun places that you should check out this summer in Carrollton.

1. Lake Carroll

Lake Carroll is a fun place to past the time with friends. Skipping rocks and feeding the ducks is a relaxing time for people to step away from their technology to enjoy communication with one another. If you want something more engaging, you can always paddle board, or kayak to explore what the lake can offer. For more romantic options, you could take your significant other and watch the sunset over the lake in the two person swings. Lake Carroll offers a lot of time with nature and to enjoy the nice weather that we have over the summer.

2. Movie Theater

The movie industries wants to produce a lot of movies for the summer since many people have more free time not being in school. Why not take advantage of the Carrollton movie theater? I know you can see a movie in any theater, but our movie theater has some perks during the summer. First is that many people are gone for the summer, many of the theaters are usually empty with new releases, making ease finding the perfect seat for viewing pleasure. The other great perk is the 15% student discount for movie tickets for our theater to all high school and college students. With cheap tickets and being able to have the good seats, the movie theater is a great pass time to check out all the great movies Hollywood has to offer.

3. Green Belt

The Green Belt is another great past time for exercise and spending time with friends. The Green Belt offers sixteen miles connecting many paths and routes to schools and shopping centers. The paths offers beautiful scenes of lush forest and some rivers. For people who want to walk, jog, or bicycle, the green belt is a great way to see the beauty of Carrollton.

4. Local Shops

Carrollton offers many local businesses that could interest anyone here this summer! Lets begin with the first one that we all love... food! Carrollton has some of the best eats with restaurants such as Giovanni's, Corner Cafe, The Irish Pub, Samba Loca, The Tavern, Max and Henry's, Sam's Barbecue, and so many more. Other than the great food, these restaurants can offer great atmosphere, and fun events on the square in the middle of town for all ages. Another great place to check out is our local coffee shops, Gallery Row and Bella Coffee. The coffee that these cafes offer is more than just the same Starbucks coffee that we can get anywhere. The atmosphere is great for knocking out school work, reading books, and catching up with friends. Finally, check out some stores such as Underground Books, Horton's books, and The Vinyl Frontier record store for some cool books and records.

I know there is probably many more fun activities and places that one can check out this summer. Feel free to leave some comments of other cool places you may like to do this summer in Carrollton.