4th Of July Is The Best Time To Vacation

The 4th of July is truly an amazing time to be with the people who make you feel the most alive and appreciate all the freedom that we do have.

3563

My family doesn’t vacation much. But my earliest childhood memory of vacation is going down to the beach for the 4th of July.

Every year since I was born I think my family went to Wildwood for vacation. And every year since then I feel like my soul craves it there.

4th of July is a special time. It’s a time when everyone comes together to celebrate their love of family, friends, and the home of the brave.

It’s a time when every town is decorated in patriotic red white and blue, and the sky is painted with an array of fireworks.

Down the beach it is even more magical. The air is saltier and the sun shines a little brighter. The ocean floats away your troubles and the sand buries your worries. All you need is some good music and good company.

4th of July is when we all come together regardless of our religions, beliefs, backgrounds. We come to celebrate our love for this country, even in a time of great hostility.

Every year I look forward to spending a week away with my family, and 4th of July is just the perfect time. Everyone’s grilling, barbecuing, and drinking a cold one. No one cares to argue about politics. Not today. Not now.

I dig my feet into the sand, toss my head back and just think how grateful I am to be surrounded by so much love and so much beauty. My problems are non existent.

I wake up and go for a bike ride or a long run. It’s my me time. I see the boardwalk covered with flags and shirts that say proud to be an American. I hear live bands play songs like Chicken Fried or American Pie and in those moments everything feels right.