Looking At 4 Of The Best High School Basketball Teams In The Country

Highlighting four High School Basketball teams sure to make noise this winter.
266

This winter, while millions of basketball fans will be tuned into NBA and NCAA games, there’s a whole different, better brand of basketball being played. That would be High School Basketball, which is arguably much more entertaining than either of the two types of basketball ahead of it. Here is a preview of some of the best High School Basketball teams in the country this winter.

Chino Hills | Chino Hills, Ca – The Huskies of Chino Hills jumped onto the national scene last year with then-top recruit Lonzo Ball. Lonzo graduated, but it’s of no worry to the Huskies, as Ball’s three younger brothers – LiAngelo, LaMelo and Andre – will pace the Huskies in 2017. Chino Hills plays in California, one of the country’s hotbeds for High School Basketball, but are expected to finish the season in the Top 5 in the country – probably Top 3.

Roselle Catholic | Roselle, N.J. – One of the country’s strongest high school teams, the Roselle Catholic Lions will certainly make national news in 2017. The Lions boast one of the most elite rosters in the country, featuring guards Nate Pierre-Louis and Andre Rafus, both headed to major Division-I schools. In the front court, the Lions feature one of the Nation’s most coveted seniors, center Naz Reid. The 6’11” big man will look to lead the Lions through a national schedule, playing factories such as Montverde Academy (Fla.), Oak Hill (Va.) and St. Patrick’s (N.J.).

Montverde Academy | Montverde, Fla. – The Montverde Academy basketball program has been one of the country’s greatest in the past five years, and that’s not expected to change in 2017. The Eagles have gained national recognition over the past few years for producing the country’s greatest young NBA talent, such as Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and D’Angelo Russell. The next player to join that list may be Silvio De Sousa, Montverde’s current 6’9” shooting forward. Joining De Sousa in Montverde’s star power is Rechon Black, a junior point guard, who is sure to make headlines in 2017. R.J. Barrett, a sophomore forward, will also make noise at Montverde, a team playing possibly the strongest national schedule in the country.

Patrick School | Elizabeth, N.J. – A perennial basketball powerhouse, the Patrick School Celtics will be dangerous in 2017. At the helm of the Celtics is Mike Rice, the former Rutgers Head Coach now in his second year coaching at Pat’s. Rice’s squad features some of the best talent in the country, but senior center Nick Richards is something special. The 6’11” big man is considered the 14th-best player in the country, and second-best center in the US. Elite players joining Richards on the court will be Marcus McClary and Myles Cale.