4 Cartoon Network Shows I Absolutely Hated & Why

Stupid, silly, and pathetic shows that torment the memory in bittersweet ways

206
ScoopWhoop.com

lol It’s 7 a.m. and a ten-year old girl dressed in her uniforms is sipping her chocolate drink. She briefly catches a glimpse of the T.V. and her favorite channel is on: Cartoon Network. That was the salt of her existence.

It is 5p.m. and the school bell rings; the harbinger of sweet, lazy hours ahead. She goes home, reclines on the couch and loses herself in the world of mindless, puerile cartoon binge-watching. Her passion is so strong, she sits through even the shows she hates in anticipation of follow-up shows she likes.

Imagine, had she had the ability to fast-forward the junk she didn’t truly want to see, to repeat what she did want to see over, or download/stream whatever she desired when she desired, how much time she could have saved?! (The 90s' kid struggle). She could have prevented getting scolded from her mom about doing homework, housework, or just any work! It is the fault of all the stupid shows that came in between the good ones, you see.

If you have not figured it yet, that girl was me! There were some shows I hated purely for reasons that are silly, but some shows were truly silly! Here is the list of the shows I hated watching as a kid and my little rant explaining why:

1. Ed, Edd ‘n Eddy

I know that cartoons are supposed to be generally inane, but this one takes the cake. This show revolved around three idiots who shared exactly the same name. One was the mastermind (or no mind) behind all their activities, one was the blind follower, and last was the slightly sane one trying to balance the insanities of the other two. You see, I never really watched any intelligent programs anyway, so watching this one made me feel like I was losing a bit of my intelligence every day simply trying to understand the unintelligence shown by the three fools!

2. Cow and Chicken

Silly Show. How can two separate species of animals be biological siblings?? Did the show creators not realize that the concept of the show is in direct contradiction to what kids learn at school? It took me months (if not years) to fully grasp this show. I remember asking my science teacher one day if such biology is possible. She stared at me, looked down, looked up again and replied: “watch discovery or science channel.” I learned the answer, the hard way.

3. Dexer’s Lab

How I hated this super atom-like miniature kid! Why? Because he was so intelligent and brilliant! He was everything that I was not as a kid. Everything my parents expected I would do after I spent an entire day at school, Dexter would do. His misadventures made me happy and Dee-dee (his annoying sister) was my favorite character because she spoiled all his masterworks! Watching it back as an adult makes me realize how so silly his ideas were and how so inconsiderate the sister was – but I still hate Dexter; his brain was my envy as a child! (Especially a lazy child who wanted to invent great things seated on the couch munching on Lays :))

4. Courage the Cowardly Dog

Who made this show? No, why make this show?! There was nothing courageous about this ‘Courage’ dog. He was always scared, and he had good reason to be. He was a naturally pink dog with eyes always super-wide open. He lived with this strange couple who had a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere! It was a farm with no animals other than that one dog and all the paranormal events and menaces possible. My main question even as a child was why would they make a show to scare children?? Like, why? I never really enjoyed watching Courage get scared. Why? Because I got scared with him man!