4 Best And Healthiest Ways To Procrastinate

One College Student’s Perspective

4

Have you ever had a plan to tackle all of your homework in a timely and efficient manner? Have you ever set that plan, and then executed it poorly because of your lack of motivation? I know you have. I know I have. For those of you who are adamant about not doing an assignment, or are currently denying your responsibilities, here are four fun and healthy activities you could do to put off that pesky workload.

WARNING: To make these activities effective, make sure you set a time limit for yourself. There is nothing more stressful then running out of time to do your assignments.

1. Exercising

Because people usually sit behind a desk at either work or school, getting physical activity is a fantastic way to “kill two birds with one stone”. You’ll leave satisfied with your motivation to get in shape and live a healthier lifestyle, and you will have successfully put off your homework for a little while longer. Another great aspect of exercising is being able to listen to music and socialize with people. These are some of the many reasons why exercising is fantastic and an addictive way of life.

2. Talking with friends/ people you love

If you’re stressed about the seemingly insurmountable amount of homework that needs to be done, I recommend putting yourself in a safe and comfortable environment where you can talk to your friends or people you love.

If you are extremely stressed, talking to people who care about you and can put things into perspective is very helpful. I know that I have used my family help-line numerous times instead of tackling the books. I always feel better after talking to my parents, because they often have gone through these processes before. They give me insight into what the big picture is, as well as some tips from their past on how to optimize my time with books, resources, and study groups. We are (for the most part) social animals, and getting together with the people we love leaves us feeling refreshed and ready to take on our work or studies. You may even convince one of your friends to go to the library and study with you, too!

3. Doing your laundry

You know it has to be done. So even though it’s not quite procrastination at its finest, you can feel good that when you’re studying or writing your paper that at least one thing will be accomplished.

4. Cooking

For those of you who have to cook your own meals, planning your meals for the week and cooking them is a great and effective way to spend your time. Your future self will be very happy you did this once your schedule gets inevitably and increasingly busy throughout the week.

Happy Procrastinating!