4 Activities To Get Excited About Spring

Getting ready for the spring season

46
google

Spring Time! The wonderful time period where many different animals are waking up from hibernation, flowers are starting to bloom and people are busier than ever! Not to mention that Saint Patrick's Day, Easter and other seasonal events are back to back. Even though clocks set forward it still seems there's not enough activities to cram into for this glorious season but I have a few suggestions I'd like to share that can be done the entire season of spring!

🌱Growing flowers for the garden🌱

Growing plants is the essence of spring time, The smell of soil, the fragrances of wild flowers, and most importantly the color green! If you have an knack for plant growth then this will be perfect, but if you are an beginner with plants then that's ok too. Here's suggestions of plants I recommend for you garden that you could find at your local Walmart or other type of market.

Pansy: These tiny flowers can last is cool weather, and usually in spring it tends to rain a lot so there's no need to worry if you've forgotten to water this flower, Mother nature has you covered. Pansies are an annual flowers so when they die they'll bloom again the next spring season. They usually come in window boxes and containers so the vibrant colors will vary. But no whatever the colors of the flower may appear these flowers will always remind me of the cheerful faces they wore in Disney's "Alice in Wonderland."

Snowdrop Anemone: These white flowers grow in a cluster and they appear to be very festive and have a very nice fragrance. And what's interesting about this flower is that once the cooler temperatures of fall arrive, the plant will probably have a second chance to bloom again!

Lilac: Lilacs are very pretty and they have a sweet fragrance that are quite popular for a cottage themed garden. Lilacs come in many shapes and sizes, some of them can even grow to the size of a tree! Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers they are definitely are perfect for the spring season.

Iris: Another flower that I love! Iris or aka 'Acoma' Iris have been well known to bloom in many colors it's uncanny. Most put on their bloom show toward the end of spring, but the plants' tall growth and delectable petal variations make them pretty additions to a variety of garden styles. The 'Harmony' Iris can bloom in winter and early spring and they are wonderful fragrance.

Daffodil: This bright, jovial spring flower has a range of shapes and sizes, from trumpet to small- and large-cupped to double. Deer find them less palatable than other spring plants, but the foliage should be left to die back on its own to rejuvenate the plants for the following year.

Tulip: These happy and beautiful flowers are very popular around spring time. They bloom in very bright and warm colors such as pink and yellow. There's always a tulip for every gardener no matter the color and they grow to a decent size of 4-inch-tall which is the perfect size for a vase.

🌱Welcoming seasonal visitors🌱

All of the seasonal visitors will be back from their winter's nap. Bees, Humming birds you name it! Since these little guys help out the world with pollination wouldn't it be nice to craft them something to say thanks? No worries friend I got you covered.

Bee garden: Bees are very important, they provide people in many different ways from honey, coffee beans, fruits, vegetables, and various nuts. And this is all from pollination. So why not build a bee garden to thank the bees.

Bat house: Bats are also very important because they pollinate just like bees! So to say thank you why not build a bat house.

Bird house: Having birds around the garden is not an enjoyable activity it can also help you reduce stress! Plus making bird houses is very fun and can provide something for the birds! For a humming bird house you find the instructions here and for a classic type of bird house you can it here.

Making your own bird seed: A tasty snack for the birds to peck at? Doesn't that sound lovely. Birds help out with getting rid of nasty pests from various bugs to weeds not to mention humming birds pollinate too! It's the least that anyone can do to help the birds out by making your own bird seed.

🌱Being outside🌱

Well we've already covered gardening but there are other activities the can be done in the great out doors, Here's a list suggestions

Fruit picking: This activity can occur form late spring to fall! Blueberries, Strawberries, Apples you name it! It's fun doing this activity and not to mention all the fruit you collect can be used for baking!

Hiking: This vigorous activity can be hard for some people but it's worth the wonderful sight seeing and the fresh air. Hiking is also proven to reduce stress and a good way to build up endurance. And why not bring your dog along to keep you company? The exercise will be perfect for you little buddy

Picnicking: There's nothing like a red gingham blanket on than open grassy field or a sandy beach with sandwiches and yummy snacks. This simple activity is not only simple it brings everyone together! don't forget bring outdoor games like a kite, or a volley ball or a croquet set or even reading a book book that you've been wanting to read.

Fishing: Another classic outdoor activity, Fishing is relaxing and soothing, A simple catch and release game with soothing sounds for the water.

Camping: This popular activity can happen throughout spring and summer, and what a great way to view nature in it's glory by sleeping under an ocean of stars with a small camp fire while roosting marshmallows!

Drawing or painting: If you are an artist then you should take the opportunity to use the landscape as a reference for you canvas. You never know what you'll find so you should always be prepared for the little surprises.

🌱Plan a vacation🌱

Usually planing vacations are great because of spring break which is wonderful for families to bond, here's a list of suggestions.

A trip to a relatives house: Sometimes it can be cheap, but more importantly it's the chance to see people you love that you haven't been able to see for awhile.

A trip to Florida : It can be expensive sometimes. but it's worth to experience the magic and adventure of the amusement parks unfold! It could be from Disney World to Universal Studios or Bush Gardens!

A trip on a cruise: This is definitely a very expensive trip to plan, but it's worth it because all the food and drinks are free on the boat!

A stay-cation: There's nothing wrong with stating home! You could still plan the vacation time, but just staying put will be fun and save money. And not to mention you can start your spring cleaning if that's what you in to or maybe baking yummy goodies to snack on!

I hope these suggestions will help you deiced on how you'll be enjoying the spring season!