Feeling Unappreciated? Here Are 6 Things You Can Do To Boost Your Spirits
Life Stages

Feeling Unappreciated? Here Are 5 Things You Can Do To Boost Your Spirits

"We feel like we're doing something wrong, or we just don't feel like our actions are enough."

136
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-standing-on-seashore-1462641/

Let's be real, we all have felt unappreciated from time to time. I know I have. However, do you constantly feel unappreciated? Like no matter what you do, no matter how much of your heart and soul into something, no one seems to even glance at your actions?

Sometimes our acts of kindness and thoughtfulness go unnoticed, and it's very discouraging. We feel like we're doing something wrong, or we just don't feel like our actions are enough. There are times where I just want to put my good deeds on hold until someone says something.

But you don't have to let these negative feelings run your life. You can turn it into something better, both for you and everyone around you. Here are five things you can do lift your spirits.

1. Know your worth.

media.giphy.com

Your self-worth is NOT determined based off of someone else's feelings and how they react to your acts of kindness. Your self-worth is defined by who you are as a person. You are nice enough to help someone out and show them you are. That's where self-worth could come from.

3. Show appreciation for what others do for you.

media.giphy.com

The more you express appreciation to others, the more likely they will to do the same. Doing this can also develop a sort of "immunity" against feeling unappreciated. As cliche as it sounds, just treat others the same way you want to be treated.

4. Pat yourself on the back.

media.giphy.com

You did a good deed. If no one shows their appreciation, then do it for them. Even if someone did not see what you've done, YOU saw it. You know you did a good thing, and that's all that matters. You can even go as far as rewarding yourself, whether it be buying yourself.a coffee or doing a little shopping.

4. Communicate.

media.giphy.com

I know this one can be difficult to some, and this is the one I struggle with the most. Sometimes people are simply unaware of how you're feeling. You can let someone know how you feel. How they respond is a statement on them, not you. Don't demand the "thanks" you deserve, but still be sincere, yet kind.

5. Prioritize self-care.

media.giphy.com

Feeling unappreciated can cause resentment. It can allow anger and frustration to take over your mind and heart. Don't let those feelings win. Making time for yourself will help you physically and mentally. Take care of yourself, and don't apologize for doing so.