A Guide to Successfully Achieve Your New Year's Resolutions

New year, new me, who dis?

92

Many of us have very ambitious goals for the new year and at times, it gets hard to keep up with them. Some people give up a few days into it, some give up after a few months, and there are some who get to achieve their goal(s).

I know for me I have given up on goals within a few days because I get caught up in my busy life and I say "I'll do it next year!" but that mindset isn't the best one to have because then you'll never be able to achieve a goal.

This year is different for me since I did manage to achieve at least one of the goals that I had last year and saw how rewarding it was. That goal was to get better grades prior to transferring to a university. Not only did I make it into the Dean's List during my last semester at community college, but I also got into every university I applied to!

However, enough about me. Here are some tips to help you all achieve your new year's resolutions:

1. Don't stop if you fail at your resolution(s) early on

media.giphy.com

Even though you might've done poorly in trying to complete your resolution, it should not mean you should fully end it! Keep going fam, don't let it discourage you from getting to endpoint!

2. Set something REASONABLE

media.giphy.com

I've set some unreasonable goals in the past which haven't helped me fully complete a goal. Set something you KNOW you can do. Nothing is truly impossible if you REALLY set your mind to it but you gotta be realistic and see if it is achievable within your resources and overall reason.

3. Don't have too many goals

media.giphy.com

It is tempting AF to do so because you want to 'glo up' your life fully within the span of ONE YEAR but sis, be nice to yourself. Set a good amount of resolutions that are not too time-consuming and don't force you too much out of your comfort zone. You have to balance everything in your life including the desire to complete these goals, give yourself something reasonable to complete! Remember that, good things take time. So take it step-by-step each day!

4. If you complete a goal, treat yourself!

media.giphy.com

Rewarding yourself is important but don't indulge too much in whatever you treat yourself with! You have to make sure you don't make it a habit either. Completing a goal should be a reward enough.

6. You don't need other's validation to complete your goals

media.giphy.com

It's your life so it does not matter what other's think about your goals. If you need support to finish your goal, you should be your own fan to support you fully. You got this!!

6. There's always next year...

media.giphy.com

Although I advise this the least, you should try again next year. BUT that's if you fail miserably and lose the motivation completely to keep going. Good luck with your 2019 goals!